PDA

View Full Version : Sanaa

wdwvacationeer
03-07-2011, 08:33 PM
I am thinking of making reservations at Sanaa at Kidani Village. The menu sounds interesting. Has anyone tried it yet?

PopPhan
03-07-2011, 08:43 PM
Excellent food and the view out to the savannah is worth it!!

Have had the sustainable fish and the trio of curry sampler (my trio was ribs, shrimp and lamb), both excellent!

Enjoy!!

brownie
03-07-2011, 09:11 PM
We enjoyed it and the food was very good. We didn't plan our time real well. 7pm in December is dark, so we really couldn't see the savanna. If you're making reservations, think about whether it will be light or dark at the the time of your trip, if you want to be able to see the savanna.

The chocolate cake was thimble sized (maybe not that small, but it was small.) I typically have chocolate, but opted for the orange sesame cake, so it worked out for me. The orange sesame cake was very good.

SBETigg
03-07-2011, 09:29 PM
We tried it for lunch, and we all loved it! Great food and service, with an excellent view, wonderful animal viewing right out the windows while you eat. This is one of our new favorites.

artyboy
03-09-2011, 02:43 PM
Ditto on eating here for lunch!

Try the bread sampler...it's fantastic!

One of our new favorite lunch spots (Brown Derby is the favorite).

BugeyedMuggy
03-09-2011, 06:09 PM
We love it also for the food as well as the atmosphere. If you get there when it is not so busy ask for a table by the window. It is even worth the wait if none are immediately available.

Jared
03-09-2011, 07:14 PM
Sanaa is definitely worth checking out, but keep in mind that reaching Animal Kingdom Lodge can be a hassle without a car. If you're not staying there, prepare to cut a nice chunk out of time out of your day.

Your reward will be a wonderful meal in perhaps my favorite resort on property.

wdwvacationeer
03-09-2011, 07:22 PM
I made reservations today! Thanks for all the info!

SBETigg
03-09-2011, 09:39 PM
Sanaa is definitely worth checking out, but keep in mind that reaching Animal Kingdom Lodge can be a hassle without a car. If you're not staying there, prepare to cut a nice chunk out of time out of your day.

Your reward will be a wonderful meal in perhaps my favorite resort on property.

It's really not bad at all if you go during an AK day, say after or in the middle of touring that park. It's a quick ride to the AKL on the AKL bus from AK. Then, the stops are set up very nicely for catching a bus back to any other park, then to your resort. We find it a pleasant break from parks.

Jared
03-09-2011, 11:18 PM
It's really not bad at all if you go during an AK day, say after or in the middle of touring that park. It's a quick ride to the AKL on the AKL bus from AK. Then, the stops are set up very nicely for catching a bus back to any other park, then to your resort. We find it a pleasant break from parks.
Fair enough. Whenever we choose to eat at Boma, we make it our Animal Kingdom day. Somehow, getting back at night always feels like it takes a long time. Could just be my perception.

wdwvacationeer
03-10-2011, 05:13 PM
One of the reasons I was asking about Sanaa is that we are staying at AKL. So, transportation is not a worry. Thanks again!

KatieDuck22
03-11-2011, 05:04 PM
I would recommend trying Sanaa at least once! The food is exotic, but very good at the same time. Get the different breads that you can dip in oils you pick. it's a fun experience and of course a fun atmosphere. afterwards go outside and sit around the firepit. its a great way to end a busy park day!