PDA

View Full Version : Boma or Whispering Canyon

Belle_0717
03-07-2011, 01:09 PM
Hi! Need some help. We are still 200+ days away but my hubby has me thinking about our anniversary dinner in October.

I have narrowed it down between Boma & Whispering Canyon. We've eaten both breakfast and dinner at Boma and I LOVE IT! We've heard great things about Whispering Canyon and it looks like fun. Maybe to most it is not very romantic for anniversary dinner but we need to keep our spending as tight as possible (Artist Point is not in the budget).

Please let me know what you think - positives and negatives. We have a bunch more days to book so any help is HAPPILY ACCEPTED!

Cdn Disney Dad
03-07-2011, 01:22 PM
Whispering Canyon is a fun place to eat, but if I had to choose over the two, Boma would win. Better food and the atmosphere is much nicer as well.

forever a child
03-07-2011, 01:34 PM
For both a romantic dinner and for the great food....BOMA'S has my vote. I was not really a big fan of WC. But I loved the food at Boma's and can't wait to eat there again! :eat:

rhonary
03-07-2011, 01:55 PM
Never had dinner at Boma only b'fast and really liked it. Really liked WC for dinner but not last yr..not the best...my steak was blah and the waitress wasn't the most "cheerfull"...and I would think that would be a little "rowdy" for an anniversary dinner. Boma would get my vote I guess.

Mickey'sGirl
03-07-2011, 02:02 PM
We have not enjoyed Whispering Canyon either time we've tried it. I would definitely recommend Boma. We all love it. :mickey:

RBrooksC
03-07-2011, 02:06 PM
For an anniversary dinner where a signature restaurant is out of the question, I would go with Boma.

However, Whispering Canyon would be something to try for your anniversary if you wanted to have something that was more fun and spirited than just a dinner.

You would have to decide what you wanted to experience.

biodtl
03-07-2011, 02:09 PM
They are totally different. Boma is a buffet vs WCC sit down. Boma would be better for a romantic dinner, WCC is more fun (we had a great time there on our anniversary). I think the food is better at Boma - more and different choices, but we enjoy WCC as well. So depending on what you are looking for, either one would work.

vicster
03-07-2011, 03:18 PM
Another vote for Boma!!!

AllDisney
03-07-2011, 06:07 PM
Another Boma vote here:cloud9:

JPL
03-07-2011, 08:21 PM
Another Vote for Boma :tasty:

Great food and great atmosphere :thumbsup:

wdwvacationeer
03-07-2011, 08:28 PM
Boma!

#1donaldfan
03-08-2011, 11:55 AM
Boma has much better dinner fare, IMHO !!
I vote BOMA !!:party:

darthmacho
03-08-2011, 02:08 PM
I'm going to go against the grain and say that romance isn't just about candle light and fancy food. It can be about fun too. Whispering Canyon is one of our favorite restaurants, and we've been there four times. We celebrated our belated anniversary there just last summer. It was delightful, and the food great.

On the bright side, you can't make a bad decision here. Boma is a fabulous restaurant too. :mickey:

crazygoalie39
03-08-2011, 11:47 PM
They would not be my top choices, but between them I think I would go with Whispering Canyon. Not traditional romance, but really fun and great food. :mickey:

Jared
03-08-2011, 11:50 PM
I wouldn't choose either of the restaurants you listed for a romantic meal with my significant other, but I definitely prefer Boma. It's easily my favorite buffet on property. I can make an entire dinner out of just the appetizers, salads and soups -- but that would mean I'm skipping the wonderful entrees!

That said, make sure to sample as many options as possible off the soup bar. You won't be disappointed, I promise.