PDA

View Full Version : Mama Melrose

MILWDIANA
03-07-2011, 11:57 AM
Can anyone tell me if they have a steak on the menu??? I have found a few different menus and I am not sure what is the most current. Also, Can we make adjustments to items on the menu?? For example...leaving a specific veggie or cheese off???

Thanks for your help.

TheRustyScupper
03-07-2011, 12:04 PM
1) They do have a strip steak.
2) You can always leave off sides.
3) Substituting can be done, but side choices are limited.

NOTE: In some cases, the entrées and sides or sauces are cooked as one. In these cases, changing or eliminating the side or sauce could be rough.

TheRustyScupper
03-07-2011, 12:15 PM
Our Ratings of Mama Melrose:
. . . food price value: C-
. . . food quality: B
. . . food quantity per serving: B
. . . food prep speed: B
. . . food selection: B
. . . seating quantity: C
. . . seating comfort: B
. . . eatery atmosphere: C
. . . eatery convenience: B-
. . . staff friendliness: B
. . . staff helpfulness: C
. . . character interaction: n/a

NOTE: The Italian restorante does try to serve authentic dishes,
but like most WDW eateries, is highly Americanized. Even though,
the food is tasty and pleasantly plated. However, the pricing is high
for the meals offered, bringing the "value" rating down to a "C-".
We were not satisfied with paying $20 for spaghetti with clams and
clam sauce, and the $22 Pork Chop was overpriced. They do have
an Italian wine cellar, but nothing to write home about. Even with these
negatives, the eatery is more than acceptable as an in-park restaurant,
and is well above average.

MississippiDisneyFreak
03-07-2011, 01:36 PM
I was wondering about the steak as well...has anyone tried it and is it any good?

KylesMom
03-07-2011, 02:06 PM
We frequent Mama Melrose & really enjoy the experience there. The chef changed a while back, and now the current steak offering is a charred Strip Steak with roasted potatoes & onions in a chianti-wine reduction. For dinner, I have a long history of ordering the steak, and have enjoyed it every time. For lunch, I prefer the flatbreads.

Both DH and DS are rather picky, and we've never had a problem with Mama's removing various ingredients from their meals. As an aside, they have yummy sangria!

Enjoy!:wine:

AllDisney
03-07-2011, 06:24 PM
We like this restaurant very much. The steak is very good:mickey:

BigThunderFan
03-07-2011, 10:59 PM
We ate there with the Fantasmic! Package back in January. I was a little leary based on all of the poor reviews of the place, but we loved it! I had the steak, and it was very good (but not as good as LeCellier... :secret: ) but then again, I also just ran the marathon that morning, so anything might have tasted good to me at that point... :blush:

My wife even said this was her favorite meal of the trip, until I reminded her of LC and `Ohana that is...

crazygoalie39
03-08-2011, 11:51 PM
We frequent Mama Melrose & really enjoy the experience there. The chef changed a while back, and now the current steak offering is a charred Strip Steak with roasted potatoes & onions in a chianti-wine reduction. For dinner, I have a long history of ordering the steak, and have enjoyed it every time. For lunch, I prefer the flatbreads.
:ditto:
We LOVE Mama Melrose's!

ransam
03-09-2011, 12:45 AM
for some reason, it was just ok for us. I have heard good things, but just wsan't impressed.

jonahbear2006
03-09-2011, 01:52 AM
For us, it seems that Italian is the one type of food that you have the biggest expectations of when you eat out and is generally the biggest let down. Not to mention that the markup is outrageous. I can cook a family spaghetti for under $5.00 for all 7 of us and that makes it really hard to give Mama Melrose and Tonys or tutto italia a good rating. I think, more than anything for me, it is psychological.

Jared
03-09-2011, 07:57 AM
To answer the original question, Mama Melrose's offers a charred strip steak with a shallot butter sauce and a Chianti wine reduction, served with roasted potatoes and onions.

I'm happy to see so many positive reviews of Mama Melrose's here. My family likes it, too, and I was starting to think we were the only one! It typically receives pretty mixed on these boards.

I think your opinion of a restaurant like Mama Melrose's largely depends on your expectations. It's not authentic Italian, and the basic pasta dishes are wildly overpriced. But, generally speaking, everything is prepared well and the menu is diverse enough to be worthwhile. The flatbreads are particularly tasty!

Melanie
03-09-2011, 08:09 AM
now the current steak offering is a charred Strip Steak with roasted potatoes & onions in a chianti-wine reduction.

To answer the original question, Mama Melrose's offers a charred strip steak with a shallot butter sauce and a Chianti wine reduction, served with roasted potatoes and onions.

You guys have this memorized? ;)

Jared
03-09-2011, 11:24 AM
We frequent Mama Melrose & really enjoy the experience there. The chef changed a while back, and now the current steak offering is a charred Strip Steak with roasted potatoes & onions in a chianti-wine reduction.
Sorry I missed your post! I was reading quickly!

You guys have this memorized? ;)
Oh, come on! The menu's posted right there on Disney's website! The best posts require that kind of intense research. ;)

KylesMom
03-09-2011, 12:02 PM
Hey, it was a butcher tender steak for years. :D They've definitely changed up the menu the past couple of months - no longer can you get the sausage & pepper dish that my DH so dearly loves!

Jared
03-10-2011, 12:45 PM
Hey, it was a butcher tender steak for years. :D They've definitely changed up the menu the past couple of months - no longer can you get the sausage & pepper dish that my DH so dearly loves!
Let's not tell anyone how we found the information. Melanie will think we're geniuses!