PDA

View Full Version : Trails End Buffet

disneyparadejunkie
03-06-2011, 05:32 PM
Is the food at Trails End Buffet any good? We would be paying out of pocket for it and have never tried it. Is it worth the trip over there to eat?

DizNut42
03-06-2011, 06:24 PM
We have eaten breakfast there, and liked it a lot. Had something for everyone. Bacon, Eggs, Sausage Gravy & Biscuits, donuts, bagels, rolls, cereal, fresh fruit and several other things that escape me at the moment.

Cannot comment of lunch/dinner, but would expect them to be decent.

sassafras
03-06-2011, 08:53 PM
The food there is very good, comparable to what they serve at the Hoop De Doo, only more of a variety. Like one of the cast members once told us, it's Disney's best kept secret. (and it's very affordable!):secret:

TheRustyScupper
03-07-2011, 03:28 AM
Our Ratings of Trails End: (rev 1/3/11)
. . . food price value: C
. . . food quality: C
. . . food quantity: B
. . . food prep speed: B
. . . food selection: C
. . . seating quantity: C
. . . seating comfort: C
. . . eatery atmosphere: B
. . . eatery convenience: D
. . . staff friendliness: C
. . . staff helpfulness: C
. . . character interaction: n/a

NOTE: The above is for breakfast, which is good and
quite tasty and we recommend it. . Dinner quality is next
in line, and lunch far-far-far behind. Actually, they changed
lunch, and it is now is on our "not recommend" list.

DizneyRox
03-07-2011, 07:45 AM
We have made it a must do for dinner. It's a nice way to start the vacation and load up on supplies over at the general store. We've been able to turn a few people onto it.

Never been for breakfast and won't be going for lunch anymore however.

slegrant
03-07-2011, 08:41 AM
Breakfast is amazing (especially the Mickey Waffles). They have alot of choices which are nice. Trying lunch on our next trip!

jonahbear2006
03-07-2011, 02:38 PM
it looked like to me that it is no longer a buffet except on the weekends for dinner.

Janmac
03-07-2011, 03:19 PM
If you have kids in your group, they will be very happy to see macaroni and cheese, pizza, chili, and the sort of comfort foods they may think they've been missing.

Another favorite we've had in the past have been the cold peel and eat shrimp.

Whether or not it's worth it depends on you. If you have simple tastes and don't mind a buffet line, you'll probably be satisfied.

We have only eaten breakfast here once but that was satisfying, especially to two starving teens.

We don't feel as tho it's been a trip to Trail's End unless we sit on the porch in the rockers. While the kids play in the playground. And the teens try out the barrel foot massagers. :D

Jan

dizne4me
03-08-2011, 01:52 PM
I agree--the trip is not complete without sitting on Davey Crocketts porch with a pitcher of cold beer and people watching.
That said--our last trip I was not so thrilled with the change to ala carte and I'm really hoping that they return to the original buffet.
We enjoyed the buffet since it had something for everyone and we go with the whole family --there are 6 "picky eaters" in our group.
Has anyone heard if there are any plans of them returning to full time buffet?

KAT1811
03-08-2011, 02:31 PM
We went when it was a buffet and loved it. I was not aware that it had changed to an a la cart restaurant. With the change I'm not so sure how we would feel. The best part of the experience was being able to have a little bit of everything.

KAT1811
03-08-2011, 02:34 PM
I just read on another site that the dinner is still a buffet. From what I read it looks like the lunch is what became a la carte. Since it is so far out of the way and in Fort Wilderness, primarily a campground, and many people that hung around the area for lunch probably ate at their sites. I would assume they had huge waste at the lunch buffet hence the change to a la carte. Glad to see that the dinner is still a buffet, we love it.

slegrant
03-08-2011, 04:54 PM
Breakfast and dinner are still the buffet, only lunch has changed to a la carte:mickey:

dizne4me
03-09-2011, 06:17 AM
Thanks for the info. So good to know. Of course, my luck - the one meal we have over there was lunch -- and it was the ala carte.
Since I now know that breakfast and dinner are still buffet -- we will happily be returning during our next trip.:mickey: