PDA

View Full Version : DVC Packages

mgmnut
03-05-2011, 04:02 PM
When you book via DVC, do you purchase your tickets and dining plan separately or can you book the two as some sort of a package? I have a week booked at The Villas at Wilderness lodge for July, I still need my park tickets and dining plan. Are they done via DVC Member services as a package or individually?

Basket Mommy
03-05-2011, 05:38 PM
Yes- book those separately, but you can do it while you're on the phone with member services booking your room.

Ian
04-06-2011, 08:48 AM
I'm not clear on whether you're a new DVC member or if you're just renting points, but if you are a member don't forget when it comes to your park tickets that you can get $100 off an annual pass.

If you're a frequent visitor, it's almost always going to be more cost effective to buy the AP at $100 off than it is to buy just a regular hopper pass.

DizneyRox
04-06-2011, 10:31 AM
Since we're DVC, we have found it's always been advantageous for us to use the AP coupled with the TiW card. The $100 saving on the pass puts the breakeven point on tickets lower, and makes you eligible for the TiW card which I think saves money instead of costing money if going with one of the dining plans.

Timing your next trip to be before the AP and TiW card expires will make the saving multiply!

If you're renting points, neither would probably be an option. The AP discount won't apply to you, and then the savings will probably be tough to see. Still possible, but the break even point gets pushed way out.

PlutoPlanet
04-06-2011, 12:23 PM
Since we're DVC, we have found it's always been advantageous for us to use the AP coupled with the TiW card. The $100 saving on the pass puts the breakeven point on tickets lower, and makes you eligible for the TiW card which I think saves money instead of costing money if going with one of the dining plans.

Much agreed. This is what we do now.

mickkey
05-12-2011, 09:20 AM
what's a TiW cards
I'm a DVC member and take advantage of the annual pass....but not sure what a TiW card is and how to get it

WRWDisney
05-12-2011, 01:15 PM
It is a dinning discount card. It cost $75 (and you must be a Florida resident or an AP holder. It gives you 20% off at nearly all TS restaurants (as well as a very limited number of QS. THe discount applies to the entire bill (including alcoholic beverages) for your table (up to a party of 10 I believe). There is an automatic 18% gratuity included, but you were going to tip anyway, so...
It is good for a year from the end of the month you purchase it in (so more like 13 months).

We find it to work much better for us than the dining plan.

Hope that answers your question.