PDA

View Full Version : Adding Dining at last minute

BelleBeauty
03-05-2011, 01:33 PM
I know that we have no idea when Disney will announce free dining. We are planning on going in November right before Thanksgiving and will probably book in a few weeks. I was just wondering, if Disney offered free dining for when we were there could we add dining at that point to our reservation? Or would it be better to put dining on now and remove it later if they don't offer free dining? I think we can do that outside of the 45 day mark right?

We aren't planning on doing DDP unless it is free since it isn't really worthwhile for us to pay for it (thanks for the great spreadsheet!).

sassafras
03-05-2011, 03:23 PM
I may be wrong, but when I made my reservations for May back in the fall, if you put the dining plan on your reservation after a certain date in 2010, it had to be paid for at the time it was added. You should definitely check on this before adding it! Otherwise, you might be stuck.

vicster
03-05-2011, 04:14 PM
I would book through Magical Journeys. They will get you the free dining if it comes out.

Strmchsr
03-05-2011, 05:52 PM
:ditto: on Magical Journeys. That's the best way to go. But as for your initial question, if you don't want the DDP, don't do it. You can add it to your reservation up to 10 days before arrival as long as you have the MYW package. Taking it off is more difficult. You might get a better deal with the room only discount, though. Especially if you're not wanting the DDP anyway. Again, MJ can help you crunch the numbers.

CleveRocks
03-06-2011, 12:32 PM
The Disney Dining Plan is booked as part of a package. Packages must be paid in full by 45 dsays before arrival. If you book a package within that 45 days, you must pay for that entire package in full at the moment of making the reservation. Likewise, if you add anything to the package (such as the DDP) within thsat 45 days, you must pay for that addition immediately.

But if you add the DDP to a reservation and you are more than 45 days from your arrival, then there's absolutely no requirement for you to pay for the DDP immediately.

The DDP can be added up to 72 hours before arrival.

BelleBeauty
03-06-2011, 02:17 PM
Thanks for all of your help. We are definitely planning on booking with MJ and I'm glad they will be able to take care of us if free dining comes up during our trip! :mickey: Cross your fingers!