PDA

View Full Version : Best viewing for Epcot's Fireworks?

cmshelton1979
03-04-2011, 11:05 PM
Where is the best viewing area for the fireworks in Epcot?

JPL
03-04-2011, 11:44 PM
There are several good places around World Showcase near Germany. Unfortunately a lot of the prime view locations are now reserved for Illuminations Dessert Parties but basically just about any area has a decent view provided it isn't blocked by trees on one of the islands.

Polynesian Dweller
03-04-2011, 11:52 PM
To add to JPLs advice, also check the direction of the wind. The is a lot of smoke from the fireworks and you don't want to be downwind of that. Near Norway and China can be quite good as well as the area near Canada.

MOJoe
03-05-2011, 10:21 AM
I love the area around Mexico. Very few trees and obstructions there. But get a spot early!

PopPhan
03-05-2011, 12:48 PM
Upwind! Sometimes the smoke from the fireworks gets so thick that, unless you are upwind, everything gets choked out.

MarkC
03-05-2011, 01:27 PM
Ditto being upwind. Our favorite spot is just down the winding path by England's outdoor fish and chips stand. Sometimes its closed for private events but if not its awesome.

Fastpasssteve
03-06-2011, 03:06 AM
My favorite place to view Illuminations is between the two large shops at the top of World Showcase...between Mexico and Canada. Many people pack in there, so it is good to get there in advance.

Stitch98
03-06-2011, 01:48 PM
:fworks:My favorite spot to view the fireworks is either Mexico or Canada.:fworks:

johnO
03-06-2011, 10:27 PM
There seems to be fewer people near Germany. We like it there.

brownie
03-07-2011, 07:39 AM
We found Germany to be a good spot to watch from on our last trip. We've normally watched from China or Norway and they have always been crowded.

Momto2Princesses&1Pirate
03-07-2011, 01:42 PM
I "second" the area between the two shops (entrance to World Showcase). In January DH and I stood at the railing just outside the shop closest to Canada. It was magnificent! It seemed really close to the fireworks and it was beautiful!

MILWDIANA
03-07-2011, 03:15 PM
Unfortunately a lot of the prime view locations are now reserved for Illuminations Dessert Parties .

How do I find out about these Illuminations Dessert Parties????

BellesRose
03-07-2011, 04:56 PM
This is probably a stupid question, but can you view them from Future World? Can you view them from any resorts?

Mickey'sGirl
03-07-2011, 05:56 PM
This is probably a stupid question, but can you view them from Future World? Can you view them from any resorts?
You can see them quite clearly from the bridge between Boardwalk/Beach Club and The International Gateway (the rear entrance to Epcot). Our favourite view was from our Boardwalk view balcony a couple of years ago ... We saw Illuminations AND Wishes ... then went down to the pool and saw some of Fantasmic. Awesome views from the Epcot Resorts! :thumbsup:

BellesRose
03-07-2011, 06:21 PM
You can see them quite clearly from the bridge between Boardwalk/Beach Club and The International Gateway (the rear entrance to Epcot). Our favourite view was from our Boardwalk view balcony a couple of years ago ... We saw Illuminations AND Wishes ... then went down to the pool and saw some of Fantasmic. Awesome views from the Epcot Resorts! :thumbsup:
Thank you!

FenwayGirl
03-07-2011, 07:13 PM
We book a late dinner at the rose and crown. Either we are lucky enough to get a patio seat, or if you are inside the restaurant, they will cover your food and let you watch the show from their private viewing area...

KatieDuck22
03-12-2011, 08:58 PM
my family and i often find finding a spot for epcots fireworks is near impossible. last time by chance we found a perfect spot. it was right next to where they block off seats to for ppl in wheel chairs near italy! i request grabbing a gelato and staking out a seat in that area where the crowd isn't as immense. plus the majority of what is to be seen in the show is on a globe that can be seen from all angles anyway.