PDA

View Full Version : No Fireworks???

cmshelton1979
03-04-2011, 10:17 PM
I am going to be going down to DW 5/6-5/13 and the first 2 days I am there, no fireworks at MK and they close at 7 on Friday and Saturday!!!! What in the world???

This is a first trip for my two 5 yr olds....not a good way to start...especially since I have reservations at California Grill the first night we are there at 915....ugh...please tell me I am reading something wrong here or they havent released a schedule or something :mad:

Donald's Girl
03-04-2011, 10:21 PM
These are scheduled "Grad Nights" at MK. So, the park will be reopened for the kids after 7PM. Coincidentally, the 6th is my birthday and had made dining ressies for Cali Grill that night too. Once we found out about the Grad Night, changed ressie and figured we'll try that again for my husband's birthday in October.

cmshelton1979
03-04-2011, 10:28 PM
Ugh that really stinks!!!! Bought my plane tickets today....and we had no idea....

Niecyboo
03-05-2011, 07:20 PM
They actually still have fireworks, but they are much later than other nights. Closer to Midnight. It only helps if you are staying at one of the Magic Kingdom resorts.

BigThunderFan
03-07-2011, 10:52 PM
True, it stinks that you won't see the fireworks. However, Grad Nights are historically one of the best days to visit the MK. With the early closing that night most guests choose to go to other parks that day which means short lines all day long! :secret:

ransam
03-08-2011, 02:07 PM
get a park hopper if you haven't...enjoy the day at MK when it will be less crowded..then head over to Epcot and enjoy dinner and Illuminations to start off your vacation w/ a bang!