PDA

View Full Version : thoughts on best place for a picture

dumbo ears
03-04-2011, 07:40 PM
I am heading down to disney in a week and am going down with my family which includes my one and a half year old nephew. this will be his 2nd trip already lol and i have always heard of a good way to see how a child grows as u take them to disney is take a picture every year at the same exact location to show their growing up. now ive heard of many good places but am still trying to figure out a good location. this is where i need your guys help. i need a location in any park or even outside the parks. i was thinking maybe by the haunted mansion or somewhere in epcot. so any help is greatly appreciated. :number1:

Pop Centurion
03-04-2011, 09:14 PM
A good idea is to take a picture of him next to something that shows reference to his size. For example the bench with Roy & Minnie in the MK or sitting next to the Goofy statue on the bench in front of Tony's. You will be able to see how much he's grown each trip by comparing him to what ever object he's next to each year.

I'm actually drawing a blank right now as far as more spots but will reply again as my brain starts working. :D Been a long day.

dumbo ears
03-04-2011, 09:31 PM
ya thats what i ment. ive also heard that the baseball player outside casey's is a good spot too

Suz36
03-04-2011, 10:10 PM
So many choices! Maybe by the clock on Main Street in MK or the one on Sunset Blvd. in DHS. For Epcot, how about by the Nemo garden, or standing at either the Torii gate in Japan or the archway in China? You could pick a ride with a height requirement (which he obviously won't meet) and take his picture by the measuring stick. Or see what seems to be his favorite ride, and find a good spot there. The possibilities are endless! Have fun!

gerald72
03-04-2011, 10:53 PM
I'd pick a few places. You don't want to pick just one and have it not exist in a decade.
It would be unfortunate if someone started this two years ago and pick Mickeys Toontown Fair.
I like the idea of picking a statue, though, to show size reference.
I have done this without even thinking about it. We always take a picture in front of some of the fountains.

Disneyfun
03-04-2011, 11:09 PM
A classic place to take his picture that would almost be guaranteed to always be there is going to be the Mickey floral arrangement just infront of the train station. This is almost a stereotypical photo spot, but it will ALWAYS be there!

My family's favorite spots are the cigar indian on main street and across the river from the Harper's Mill on Tom Sawyer's Island as that is our last name. Both have been there for the 30 some odd years that we have been going.

Best advice, find a spot that means something to you and use that spot as long as you can. You might even want to consider the rail of the ferry to the Magic Kingdom with the castle in the background!

forever a child
03-05-2011, 10:06 AM
DD and I have always gotten our photo taken together by the waterfall behind Le Cellier in Canada. It is a very pretty location.

sara114
03-05-2011, 10:29 AM
I have used the Walt and Mickey statue in front of the castle since I took my grandson at 11months. What I like is that we also get a picture of how WDW has changed thru the years. This is a place that will always be there

BWayGrl
03-22-2011, 03:44 PM
I have been getting my picture in front of Carousel of Progress since I was 4 (I'm 23 now). The giant cog out front displays the year, and the attraction does represent growth and progress :mickey:

EJS-Houston
03-22-2011, 05:37 PM
How 'bout the statue of Walt and Mickey at the entrance to Main Street in the Magic Kingdom with Cinderella's Castle in the background? 'Ya can't get much more iconic than that, and it's unlikely to go away in a decade...or ever.

A Big Kid
03-22-2011, 06:09 PM
No one mentioned the stockades in Liberty Square? I have picks of my as a child, as and adult, then as an adult with my little one.

giroux28
03-22-2011, 06:09 PM
I have been getting my picture in front of Carousel of Progress since I was 4 (I'm 23 now). The giant cog out front displays the year, and the attraction does represent growth and progress :mickey:

That is an EXCELLENT idea. Also kind of weird you are my exact age and from the same area.

Another great place to take one is in EPCOT next to JIYI/HISTA where the jumping fountain is, the backside of the backwards waterfall. DGF and I have one there and we plan on getting one there every time we go. Also, Chef Mickey's (Or your character meal of choice). We would get the package every year with the magnet and have them all in chronological order on the fridge. Quick way to see it and smile every day.

Fastpasssteve
03-23-2011, 01:34 AM
I have a whole series of photos of my self taken my my parents in Disneyland. The location they chose: by a trashcan in front of the paddleboat or ship...oh, and I'm always holding a chocolate dipped frozen banana on a stick.

Momto3littlemice
03-23-2011, 08:01 AM
I agree with Carousel of Progress. We do that every year and it is so great because the year is automatically in the picture too! Sounds like a fun idea for a child!:mickey: