PDA

View Full Version : Best way to spend QSDDP

gymsocmom
03-04-2011, 04:50 PM
We are trying to figure out the best way to spend our quick service DDP. Do you think a big breakfast, light lunch (using snack credits) and a dinner is better than a light breakfast (using snack credits) and lunch and dinner meals is better? We (myself, DH, 2 teenage DD)are easy to please (fast food) people so the quick service is a good fix for us. Trying to pick places to eat based on all the recommendations here.

cuteduck223
03-04-2011, 05:06 PM
Where are you staying?

What kind of snacks were you thinking? You can get coffee and a pastry at main street bakery, so on an MK day, I'd suggest snacks for breakfast. :)

JPL
03-04-2011, 06:42 PM
I think it depends on your eating habits. I can get by with a cup of coffee and a bagel for breakfast. I like to eat a decent sized lunch and take advantage of the time to rest for a while in the parks. Then a nice sized dinner to again relax and refuel.

forever a child
03-05-2011, 10:57 AM
It really depends on if your families eating habits. I usually don't eat much for breakfast but need my coffee. But since I don't eat breakfast I am ready for an early lunch.

In the hot weather months...we tend to eat lighter and drink more fluids. I love my cola's but at WDW I limit then and of course drink more water!

All of that being said..you need to plan ahead..because if you are like us...you may not need 1 credit per person but could share. For example...we when we were at Epcot at Sunshine Season...we got one Salad (1 QS lunch credit) which gave us one drink & desert but we also used 2 snack credits and each got a bowl of soup. This was our lunch for the day but it gave us another QS credit to use for a late night meal to share or breakfast.

Also, I mentioned the water because they can count as snack credits...but I think it is not a great use of the credit. If you can bring your own bottled water to the parks and refill them at the fountains...then you can use your snack credit for something else.

On the QS plan you get two snack credits to use...so you could each use one in the morning for a muffin or bagel if you wanted and then the other for a mickey bar or whatever later on in the day.

As far as great locations to eat, my favorites are:

MK - Peco Bills
AK - Flame Tree BBQ (But I keep wanting to try the Yak & Yeti CS)
Epcot - Sunshine Season's - Love this place!
DHS - no favorites here
DTD - Wolfgang Puck (Definitely a place where a meal can be shared because portions are so large, at least for us!) & Earl of Sandwich.

PrettyMinnie
03-05-2011, 06:37 PM
We have done the QS dining plan twice, and have had no problems. We find that we are not as hungry when we are busy in the parks, especially when it is hot. We always used a snack credit for breakfast and been okay until early afternoon when we were ready for lunch. We like Kusafari Bakery and Coffee Shop in AK for big cinnamon rolls and other breakfast pastries, Starring Rolls Cafe in DHS, which again has good breakfast snacks, Main Street Bakery in MK and Electric Umbrella in Future World at Epcot. The resorts also have decent QS breakfast, and you might be able to get something hot, which is harder to do than in the parks. Depending on where you are staying or what park you are going to that day, you can stop at another resort and grab a QS breakfast. I recommend Contempo at the Contemporary, great if you are going to MK that day or Boardwalk Bakery, which is close to Epcot and you could enjoy the resort.

Like OP have said, there are many places you can afford to split a meal and save up some QS. Cosmic Rays in MK has big entrees that can easily be shared as well as Yak & Yeti in AK. You will also find that there are many QS gems that will allow you to eat a good meal at a QS price. It is rare that you would have to go days in WDW living off pizza, chicken fingers and a burger. Good luck!

gymsocmom
03-05-2011, 08:36 PM
we are staying at POFQ. We will be there May 31 thru Jun 8. my family has discussed this many times and can't seem to come to any conclusion.....I want to fuel up with a large breakfast, eat a quick lite lunch (so we don't waste time in the parks) and then finish with a refueling dinner. My DH is a coffee only breakfast person and both of the teenage DD are not normally breakfast people but one does love to eat breakfast at her own pace....so many posts seem to lean toward a coffee/muffin breakfast and then use the meals for lunch and dinner. I think we will try that for the first few days and then adjust as needed. I think I am more excited about this trip than the kids (I have always loved DISNEY!)

Thanks for everyones input....love getting help at this site!:mickey: