PDA

View Full Version : Where to stay in October??

antnyh
03-04-2011, 07:38 AM
My family is new DVC'ers and are staying at BLT, our Home, for the first time in a couple of weeks. Of course to get the most out of our membership we are planning on going again this October. We have never been at that time of year and was wondering if there is a preference within the DVC family of where to stay in October. I love the fall, it is my favorite season. I love the colors, cooler weather and decorations. I was thinking wither WL or AKL, but I'd like some input from the other seasoned members...Thanks for the help.

DizNut42
03-04-2011, 09:00 AM
You really can't go wrong at any of the DVC resorts.

Our favorite (and 1st Home resort) is BCV. We love the atmosphere and the close (walking proximity) to EPCOT and HS, and the fun of the Boardwalk. And the pool is arguably the best one at WDW.

I also love the theme at WL - that's just me, I'm a rustic kind of person.

While you are staying at BLT, venture over to the other resorts and check them out. Then you can get a feel for them and pick the one that meets your fancy.

Checkers
03-04-2011, 09:16 AM
You really can't go wrong at any of the DVC resorts.

Our favorite (and 1st Home resort) is BCV. We love the atmosphere and the close (walking proximity) to EPCOT and HS, and the fun of the Boardwalk. And the pool is arguably the best one at WDW.

I also love the theme at WL - that's just me, I'm a rustic kind of person.

While you are staying at BLT, venture over to the other resorts and check them out. Then you can get a feel for them and pick the one that meets your fancy.

:thumbsup:

antnyh
03-04-2011, 09:40 AM
Thanks for the reply. We frequent the world quite a bit and are familiar with the resorts. I was just curious if there are better decorated ones around Halloween or if they all get the same great Disney treatment since we haven't been that time of year. You are right though...can't go wrong with an onsite Disney hotel!
:thumbsup:

MarkC
03-04-2011, 09:58 AM
It may depend on what your family members age's are. If you have any kids who are swimmers, you can never go wrong with the BCV. Kids love Stormalong Bay and adults (like me) love the short walk to World Showcase at Epcot. Several times I've watched Illuminations and been back in my room less than 10 minutes after the show was over. Its really a great place with a great atmosphere, as are all the resorts.