PDA

View Full Version : Bags at the park??

giroux28
03-02-2011, 01:33 PM
All of the "It will take you longer to get through security" stuff aside, what are your thoughts about a party of 2 people taking a bag into MK and EPCOT. We want to be able to carry water and snacks and the general necessities. However, we do not want to have to get a locker whenever we want to go on a ride. Conundrum. What to do?? Helllllllllp us!! :confused:

McLiberal8
03-02-2011, 01:38 PM
During my last trip, I took a messenger bag I got at Target for $20 - it was perfect. Big enough to carry everything (camera, water, etc), but would flatten out if I needed to ride an attraction. On more cramped rides like RnRC or Space Mt, I just put it at my feet and put the strap around my ankles.

Worked great!

giroux28
03-02-2011, 01:46 PM
Flattened out so you could keep in on your back? Or did you flip it around front?

btharvey
03-02-2011, 02:08 PM
Frankly, we've taken backpacks (not overstuffed, but with side pockets for water bottles, etc.) and we've gone on every ride. They're different for where you end up putting them. In fact, on the Kali River Rapids, we even used an inner trash bag to make sure our clothes that we put on _after_ the ride stayed dry. So long as you don't overstuff or use too large a pack, you should be good to go.

AllDisney
03-02-2011, 03:50 PM
We have always taken a backpack into the parks. Never been an issue when going on rides.

cer
03-02-2011, 04:27 PM
back pack here. family of 4 for 1 pack. works fine for us.

MizMissy
03-02-2011, 06:22 PM
back pack here. family of 4 for 1 pack. works fine for us.

Ditto! And, it has the added convenience of being "gender neutral" so we can all take turns carrying the backpack (instead of mommy being the pack mule!).

Itchy
03-02-2011, 06:55 PM
We have taken a small back pack type bag with just what was ( what she thought ) we needed. Of course I carried it most of the time.

It was not to bulky and as far as water bottles you may want to consider the metal one that you fill yourself. You save money and can refill it at water fountains in the parks.

Hope this helps. :mickey:

McLiberal8
03-03-2011, 02:30 AM
Flattened out so you could keep in on your back? Or did you flip it around front?

Flipped it to the front - it ends up in your lap, or on your torso, depending on how long you have the strap. It was the easiest, for me.

Ramblingman
03-03-2011, 02:08 PM
We have always carried a backpack and Dad has always been the mule. It works and is well worth it.

brownie
03-03-2011, 03:48 PM
As long as it's a reasonable sized bag, you should be able to take it on all the rides. Disney is good about designing space into the rides for bags.

My preference is to skip the bag can use cargo shorts or pants. I'd rather put stuff in my pockets.

PrettyMinnie
03-04-2011, 12:28 PM
I always carried some sort of back pack (usually stuffed with water, snacks and miscellaneous stuffed toys) and never had a problem getting on a single ride in WDW, including RnRC, ToT and EE. I usually put it under my legs and hooked a strap around my foot. No problems here. My one issue was a strap gettting caught on BTMR and it had t be ripped off :( Luckily, it was a cheap drawstring bag. My only precaution.