PDA

View Full Version : IOA for Spring Break

giroux28
03-02-2011, 10:39 AM
Going to be at IOA for one day next week (Monday, 3/7) because DGF and I are HP fans and I just wanted to get an idea of what sort of crowds we should expect. We scheduled an 8:10 Mears pick up from AS:S so that should get us there before the opening. Should we run straight to HP World? We'd love to hear some tips and tricks as neither of us have ever been to this park before. Thanks all :D

NJGIRL
03-02-2011, 11:00 AM
I have never been there in March, but I would go right over to the Forbidden Journey ride as soon as you get in. A big tip: If at all possible don't bring anything with you that won't fit into you pockets. This will get you into the park quicker and also let you avoid having to get a locker for the Forbidden Journey Ride. If you have to get a locker that can be a wait in itself and very frustrating. While the lockers are "free" that is only for an hour and if you wait in line for an hour then you will be charged! The locker area is like a madhouse and should be avoided if possible. One note: Some people have reported having to go back to the lockers after being in line because they had a fanny pack on and others have said they were allowed to go on with a fanny pack. Save yourself from this by either not wearing one or putting it in a locker before you get in line.

If you are get motion sickness take a dramamine an hour before going on the ride.

It's a personal opinion but we like the frozen butterbeer more.

Spiderman is a great ride so make sure you make time to ride it.

If you can take another day to visit Universal Studio's. It's our second favorite park (EPCOT being #1). We like it more than IOA.

Have a great time!

Go Flyers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

minnie04
03-03-2011, 12:00 PM
My Boss just came back and she said they closed the HP side around 11:00am it was full to capacity. The only way they got in was an early park entrance pass (through AAA) and they went straight to that area...Good Luck!!!! The ride itself was not a bad wait when they got there, but when they were leaving it was over an hour and 40 minutes wait time. Also the stores had lines out the door. She said they only let so many people in at a time and you have to wait outside ... again good luck on the HP side. The rest of the park should be manageable...Its Spring break for Florida the week of the 13th and up North is out in April , so hopefully you can get in and have a blast!!...