PDA

View Full Version : The Wonderful friends who Get it

Cinderelley
03-01-2011, 10:31 PM
There's been lots of threads about people who are constantly asked why they go to Disney, etc. I had a different experience tonight and wanted to see a more positive thread about it.

As some of you may have read in an earlier post, I had to have emergency surgery which is forcing me to postpone my trip this year. I'm on my 9th day in the hospital and feeling overwhelmed. I started crying while my friend Dave was visiting me. Dave went with me on my trip last October. At the end of my litany of things I was crying about was not being able to go this year. After helping me plan out what to do about some of the other things, and assuring me that things will look better in two weeks, he told me "Yes, you will have to postpone your trip for a little while, but DisneyWorld will still be there waiting for you. I don't want you to quit planning it though. I know that is half the fun for you." Friends are wonderful.

forever a child
03-01-2011, 11:34 PM
What a wonderful friend you have! So sorry you had to postpone your trip but keep on planning! You'll be back in the World soon! Hope you feel better soon! :hug:

Trev&Ev Mom
03-02-2011, 08:32 AM
Planning is more than half the fun! Please take care of yourself Your friend is right, DisneyWorld will be there when you are feeling better and stronger. Just think of all the new things that will be open by then....then new Fantasyland, new Star Tours...plus who knows what else Disney has in their magic wands!!

Feel better!

beksy
03-02-2011, 08:51 AM
Feel better soon! I know how you feel...we had to postpone our first trip in 10 years several years ago. I was heartbroken. But this gives you more time to plan and perfect your schedule! Hope you are doing better soon and that all works out for you. :mickey:

Faver
03-02-2011, 09:14 AM
I also had to postpone a trip to WDW.... my whole family got the chicken pox! :ill: It was tough and disappointing, especially for our little boy.... BUT, since that postponed trip several years ago, we have MORE than made up for it!!! and so will YOU!!!:mickey:

Take care and get better!!! you will be there in no time!!!!:thumbsup:

Checkers
03-02-2011, 09:52 AM
:mickey:Hope you are feeling better real soon and there is light at the end of the tunnel and it is WDW there waiting for you!! Take care.

faline
03-02-2011, 10:27 AM
Best wishes for your continued recovery!

And...happy planning! I'm sure you'll get back to Disney World real soon!

KylesMom
03-02-2011, 10:59 AM
How nice that you're friend is helping you to look at your postponed trip in the "half-full glass" sort of way. I'm sorry that you've had to put your vacation off - and that you're still laid up in the hospital. I hope you're able to go home soon! Keep thinkin' the positive thoughts to speed up your recovery, and know that your next trip to Disney will be that much more special when you're healthy and happy. :mickey:

princessgirls
03-02-2011, 02:02 PM
Focus on your recovery!!!!

Yes, Disney will be there when you are READY AND ABLE to take it ON!!!

Praying for you!

Julie:mickey:

Cinderelley
03-03-2011, 06:54 PM
Thanks everyone. :mickey:

Am I the only one who is lucky enough to have friends who get it?