PDA

View Full Version : Got a free dining pin today...

LuvAllPrincesses
03-01-2011, 09:45 PM
Those who get pins, check your email carefully! I've been getting a lot of room only pins lately, but today I got a free dining pin for dates 4/23–8/13/11. Deluxe (and villa) room booking is free regular dining plan and Value/Moderate is free quick service dining plan when purchasing a 5 day package.

luvmyboys4ever
03-02-2011, 02:24 AM
I got one too! I was a little upset to see the moderates only get quick service. :( And when I went on-line to check out the price...just for giggles...they said my zip code didn't match the one on file? It's the same one it's been all these years.

DisneyMomx2
03-02-2011, 09:45 AM
How does one get this pin?? We are signed up with everything WDW that we can be and I didn't get anything. :(

MississippiDisneyFreak
03-02-2011, 09:57 AM
Yep, I got it too but we are already booked for December with a room discount

princessgirls
03-02-2011, 10:00 AM
I got one too!

You know you can upgrade to the regular DDP from the Quick Service that is being offered and pay the difference. We are doing that in August as the Quick Service was offered for "free" promo if you booked by 12/20/10 for the value resorts.
It was worth it to upgrade.

Julie:mickey:

The Hitchhiking Ghost
03-02-2011, 11:51 AM
We got the same email pin code yesterday too. Lady & the Tramp prominent on the email.

Was surprised to see the Moderates combined with the Values for the QS plan instead of the full DDP. We were there in December last year, stayed at POR on the free dining plan, so a bit surprised that they lowered the value for those staying in moderates.

Still, a bargain is a bargain if you want free dining.

faline
03-02-2011, 12:01 PM
How does one get this pin?? We are signed up with everything WDW that we can be and I didn't get anything. :(

Only Disney knows how the select pin recipients. Did you check your junk mail? You could also call Disney and ask if there is a pin associated with your name.

squijee
03-02-2011, 01:14 PM
I got the pin also. We have annual passes can we still use it? I know before you had to buy a one day ticket. Is that still the rule?

elmjimmlm
03-03-2011, 08:09 AM
I got the same one... We have already booked 8-14 as our check in date but it ends on the 13th... Wonder if we check in on the 13th and can have it that following week?

PopPhan
03-03-2011, 08:19 AM
I got the pin also. We have annual passes can we still use it? I know before you had to buy a one day ticket. Is that still the rule?

It should say, somewhere on the offer, what the stipulations are -- 2 day MYW passes, minimum number of days in resort, whether the dates are "beginning visit" or "visit thru" etc.

[NOTE: Beginning Visit generally allows the offer to extend past the listed end date as long as you have checked-in prior to the listed end date; Visit Thru generally makes the end date a "hard date" -- the offer will not be continued past the end date listed.]

waymickey
03-03-2011, 11:47 AM
I got the room only one but really want the free dinning... Bummer. I never gotten the free dinning and it sure wuold help out.

tnpoohbear
03-03-2011, 12:42 PM
I just got a pin code for free dining too. I don't think I will be able to afford another trip so soon (we are leaving for WDW in 4 days). I got the error message to on the disney website saying that my info did not match.

I am not sure that this is the best deal - because it is undiscounted. You can get great rates with an AP.

magicofdisney
03-03-2011, 12:57 PM
A pin code could give you a different requirement, but the new rule has been a minimum 2-day ticket purchase.

Jared
03-03-2011, 02:18 PM
I am literally getting two or three PIN e-mails per week these days. Wish I could see their computer system so I can understand why certain people are selected. They seem to really be targeting me at the moment. I can't even thinking about visiting Disney at least until the end of the year, even if they offer me a free trip!

ransam
03-03-2011, 03:16 PM
I got one too! I was a little upset to see the moderates only get quick service. :( And when I went on-line to check out the price...just for giggles...they said my zip code didn't match the one on file? It's the same one it's been all these years.

call Disney directly and they can change it.
i know they can cause they changed mine.
a couple years ago i got one from an old email that i used. it was under my first and middle name. i didn't want to put my last name on the e-mail. when i called Disney, i explained and they changed it for me.

FenwayGirl
03-03-2011, 06:47 PM
I got the same one today. I was able to use it on my reservation for May. Managed to knock a few hundred dollars off my bill. We are staying at Pop, but I was able to upgrade to a regular dining plan..about 10 a day per adult. Cant beat that :mickey:

LuvAllPrincesses
03-03-2011, 10:00 PM
I got the same one... We have already booked 8-14 as our check in date but it ends on the 13th... Wonder if we check in on the 13th and can have it that following week?

The email stated "for arrivals most nights 4/23 to 8/13/11" so that sounds possible to arrive on the 13th and use this pin code if you have received it. If not, generally speaking, I find that the same offers made in pins are often opened to the public soon after.

elmjimmlm
03-03-2011, 10:16 PM
I was able to make my reservation on 8-13 and get free dining for our entire stay!!! I love it!!!:mickey:

bdm@pga
03-04-2011, 11:18 AM
Does anyone know the number to call to see if any are associated with your name?

faline
03-04-2011, 11:31 AM
Does anyone know the number to call to see if any are associated with your name?

I'd suggest calling central reservations at 407 W-DISNEY

waymickey
03-04-2011, 07:14 PM
So bummed that I did not get the dinning pin.:(
I did get a hotel only pin number and even though we are going during a black out time they applied the pin to our res. :number1: I would switch to free dinning if I got one though becuase for our trip I think it would save us more money. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE send me one I am wishing on every star I see tonight!!:blush:

cmshelton1979
03-04-2011, 10:33 PM
I called today and found out about the free dining, I am saving 200.00 over doing the kids stay and play for free!!!!

MOJoe
03-05-2011, 10:32 AM
It's odd to me why some people get these pins and some do not. I have been bombarded with them this year. I just checked my email and yep, i got the new free dining pin too.

Doesn't someone know that i already have, not 1, but 2 reservations pending? The second one is a backup plan in case my son's baseball team wins a certain game. But really, Disney's marketing team and reservation team can't be on the same page at all.

PopPhan
03-05-2011, 01:02 PM
I would really like to see something come out for early November...Looks like that would be the earliest we could make a trip down this year....

Missy_Mouses_Dad
03-05-2011, 05:46 PM
We got the free dining pin. DW called Disney and they checked our address, sure enough we were on the list for the pin. Taking into account what we spend on food, it saved us about $500. The trip will be booked as soon as we get air fare set up (yikes, talk about sticker shock)