PDA

View Full Version : Celebrating Mom's 70th

barbiegirl314
03-01-2011, 11:11 AM
So the whole family is going to WDW in December to celebrate Mom's / Grammy's 70th birthday :party:. All kids and grandkids will be there...16 in total.:mickey:

We are staying at the new Bay Lake Towers and will be on the DDP. I was hoping to get some ideas from my Intercot friends on some really special activites we could try and plan for mom's magical celebration:party2:

paragon
03-01-2011, 05:33 PM
If its posible for you, I highly reccomend a fireworks cruise! Well worth it, and no crowds to deal with!
Either way, have fun!

bdm@pga
03-02-2011, 07:36 AM
It might be a regular stop, but if you can all go to the hoop dee doo, let them know and they will probably sing Happy Birthday to her..she may get included in the show.

You can also book a special reception at the catering area at fantasmic! You can have a meal or just dessert and then get to see the show right from the platform.

Hope your planning to get T-Shirts! I love that! Even if it is just the transfers you make yourself.

You might be able to arrange something if you ask around to be the "family of the day" at one of the parades..like annimal kingdom or DHS.

Maybe dinner atop the Contemporary in time for the fireworks.

Hope this helps.
:party:

Trev&Ev Mom
03-02-2011, 08:19 AM
Happy Birthday to your Mom!! I can only hope my boys will do that for me when I'm 70 :cloud9:

When my husband turned 40, we took him to WDW and really just wearing the Birthday Button was enough for all the "special" things. Every cast member we encountered had birthday wishes, he was part of the Beauty and the Beast show at HS-they had the crowd sing Happy Birthday...many, many special things...

Have a magical time!

squijee
03-02-2011, 10:48 AM
We took my Mom for her 70th and made special t-shirts for each day we were there. One was 70 is 7 perfect 10, 21 with decades of experience and on her birthday she wore one that said hug me it's my birthday. She had a great time with that one especially from the characters and the cast members at worldshowcase.