PDA

View Full Version : CBR Shutters & Food court

Crow
03-01-2011, 09:56 AM
been a while since ive stayed at CBR but i dont remember being impressed by the food court. I think thats also the place i got room delivery pizza & it smelled like smoke. Didnt eat at Shutters
but i will b staying at CBR in 2wks and was wondering if anyone had recent experience w the food court or Shutters

BraddyB
03-01-2011, 12:16 PM
We stayed there in 2008. The food court was ok. Mostly we had breakfast or grabbed some fries after a day at the park. We didnt eat at Shutters either.

Crow
03-01-2011, 08:36 PM
Pittsburgh:thumbsup:
i hope CBR is ok this trip

JakeontheCob
03-02-2011, 08:29 AM
We stayed there two years ago and like others mostly had breakfasts there. Did not try shutters. On a 10 point scale, 10 being the best I would give it a 6, nothing special but plenty of choices.

I did think the way they worked the lines and cashing out was strange though.

We are headed there again in a few weeks but again don't have too many meals planned for there. It is nice though to be able to sit outside on a nice day and eat a lunch or dinner on the patio by the pool.

Crow
03-02-2011, 08:10 PM
We stayed there two years ago and like others mostly had breakfasts there. Did not try shutters. On a 10 point scale, 10 being the best I would give it a 6, nothing special but plenty of choices.

I did think the way they worked the lines and cashing out was strange though.

We are headed there again in a few weeks but again don't have too many meals planned for there. It is nice though to be able to sit outside on a nice day and eat a lunch or dinner on the patio by the pool.

we check in 15th & check out to move to WL 19th so will just miss you. yeah i was figuring mainly just breakfasts, but will b arriving late the 15th & will need something to eat. hope its not too late to get something

Darbylew
03-02-2011, 08:35 PM
I think the food court at CBR is good. It has
been a long time since we have eaten at
Shutters so can't give advice about it. Hope
you enjoy your stay. :thumbsup:

CanadaLovesDisney
03-03-2011, 02:30 PM
We only ever eat breakfast there! We eat all other meals in Downtown Disney or Epcot.

Crow
03-04-2011, 10:08 PM
i figure mainly coffee in refillable mug, danish or something. mayb pizza. i mainly eat at the parks also

Silver_Surfer
03-06-2011, 02:01 PM
Staying there late May-June and planning to eat breakfast at the food court. ? I was looking over the FAQ and read this for the QS dining plan:

Entree, One juice, &
One single serving non-alcoholic beverage (Breakfast Only)

**Anyone know what DW considers a "Entree"? Is a breakfast platter or Waffles w/bacon an entree? I always believed and entree was the main course of a meal.

boy, I getting hungry just thinking about this:D

TheRustyScupper
03-07-2011, 03:40 AM
Our Ratings of Shutters:
. . . food price value: D+
. . . food quality: C-
. . . food quantity per serving: C
. . . food prep speed: B
. . . food selection: C-
. . . seating quantity: C
. . . seating comfort: D
. . . eatery atmosphere: C
. . . eatery convenience: C
. . . staff friendliness: B-
. . . staff helpfulness: B
. . . character interaction: n/a

NOTE: The eatery is simply not anything special, It has an array
of "Caribbean Inspired" food, but only average or below average on the
quality scale. If you are really hungry and do not want to go off the
resort site, it is OK. However, doing it once per vacation is probably
overload. We thought it highly overpriced for the quality and quantity
of food - just could not understand tuna for $23 or a small streak for
$28. For the money and quality, I'd recommend the food court - turkey,
pork at reasonable Disney prices.

Crow
03-07-2011, 09:35 PM
sounds like sticking to food court first night & breakfasts..otherwise other places

BraddyB
03-08-2011, 11:47 AM
Sounds like your best bet. The one thing I would stay away from there is the pizza. There is just something about the pizza down there that turns me off. Maybe the fact I can throw a rock and hit like 4 pizza shops around, but i think the crust is just awful. I heard its something to do with the water.

I am willing to try Via Napoli on our next trip since I heard the water is trucked in !!!!

YatesMom
04-08-2011, 11:10 PM
We stayed at CBR Oct 2010. Had pizza delivered to the room. It was average. Did not eat at Shutters while we were there...ate dinner at the parks each night. Ate lunch at the food court twice. It was good. Normal food court offerings. Check out was very strange...both times we ate there, we had to be walked through the check out by the CMs which was just odd. Their definitions of what did or did not apply to the DDP just seemed to be different each time. We just went along with it. :confused: Still had a good experience, food was good, but check out was just off. :unsure: Overall, we still LOVED CBR...