PDA

View Full Version : Tables in Wonderland card

zcrsdad
02-28-2011, 09:54 PM
I'm considering getting a TiW card but I'm concerned where the card is good at. Is every Disney owned restaurant available for card use? Or just some.

KylesMom
02-28-2011, 11:08 PM
Bryan, check out the list here. It's pretty inclusive as far as Disney-run TS restaurants. In addition, resorts which do not have TS dining (i.e., Value Resorts), the CS restaurants are offered.

Tables in Wonderland (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/dde.asp)

Over the years, we've found the TiW card to be of great value. We usually get two vacations' worth of use, and it more than pays for itself quickly with our dining habits. If we were more of a Signature Dining family, the savings would be realized in a much quicker fashion, but I have a few picky eaters in my party! :mickey:

zcrsdad
02-28-2011, 11:38 PM
Thank you, that was exactly what I was looking for!

CaptSmee
02-28-2011, 11:50 PM
It is a not so well know, fantastic deal. Especially if you are an AP holder.

KylesMom
02-28-2011, 11:52 PM
There are certain restrictions such as no discounts for the Fantasmic! Dining Package, (however, you can still apply the discount to your adult beverage bill) certain seatings for Hoop-Dee-Doo or the Luau, but overall it really is a good value. And if you're an A/P holder, places such as T-Rex or Yak & Yeti will take the 10% off your ticket. Don't overlook the free valet parking, either - that's saved us several times at the resorts during a pouring down rain storm with lightning flashing all over! :mickey:

Melanie
03-01-2011, 07:00 AM
And I love that Flame Tree and Pizzafari accept the TiW at AK. Even if it's just for a yummy Safari Amber. :beer:

disneymom15
03-01-2011, 09:17 AM
Just an FYI, if you have a WDW dining app on your phone, it lists which restuarants accept the TIW card.

squijee
03-01-2011, 12:34 PM
What discount do you get?

Melanie
03-01-2011, 03:10 PM
What discount do you get?

20% off all food and beverages (alcohol included) at participating restaurants.

NJGIRL
03-01-2011, 06:57 PM
We have the card and if I remember correctly T-Rex & Teppan Edo do not give you a discount. I think they were the only two from our dining selections on our last trip that wouldn't take the card. The card is $75 and takes 20% off your bill so I figured we would have to have an overall food bill of $375 to break even (if I did the math correctly :D). So if you will be eating at the restaurants that honor the card and will be spending more than $375 during your stay you will be able to save money purchasing the card.

I think the trickey part is if you have an annual pass many restaurants already give you a 10% discount without the card. So if unless I am over analizing this, you are really only getting a 10% discount and need to spend $750 to break even.

When I looked into getting the card it made my head spin because some restaurants you could use the card & some you couldn't. Some gave you the 10% discount and others didn't. I listed the restaurants that we were going to and looked at only those specific restaurants to decide if the value was there for us.