PDA

View Full Version : Beaches and cream?

šošalyssaluvsmickeyšoš
02-28-2011, 05:19 PM
Are adr's a must here if you just want ice cream? It will be after 8pm.

MarkC
02-28-2011, 05:29 PM
Not at all. There are a few outdoor tables you can sit in by the pool too. You may have to stand in line occasionally, but there is a separate line for the "2 go" crowd. You should be fine. If you want to sit inside an ADR may help but at that hour you are probably safe unless its a peak time for the parks, i.e. Christmas, Easter, etc.

šošalyssaluvsmickeyšoš
02-28-2011, 05:36 PM
Thanks

buzznwoodysmom
02-28-2011, 05:47 PM
Actually Beaches N Cream does NOT take ADRs. You have to walk up, give your name and wait. We've eaten here several times, as recent as Oct. and at that time (and all other times we've eaten here) they did not take ADRs. The wait isn't usually that long. I do believe there is a window you can walk up to and order ice cream. I've never done this, but from what I've understood the menu at the window is somewhat limited.

ElenitaB
02-28-2011, 07:13 PM
Denise is right. Beaches and Cream doesn't take ADRs. And you might do fine if you go after 8:00, but don't go after 9:00 as it fills up QUICKLY as soon as Illuminations is over.

Totally worth the trip and the wait if you have one (we tend to pass the time at the arcade next door :spend: ).

brownie
02-28-2011, 09:35 PM
No advance dining reservations. You'll need to sign in and wait.

Jared
02-28-2011, 11:31 PM
No advance dining reservations. You'll need to sign in and wait.
And the sundaes are absolutely worth the wait! If you're not planning to watch IllumiNations over at Epcot before your dessert, I strongly suggest heeding Ellen's advice. Beaches & Cream fills quickly when the park closes, as teems of people rush to the Beach Club for a late-night ice cream fix.

CaptSmee
02-28-2011, 11:51 PM
It is a tiny restaurant that is busy pretty much all day long. You can get ice cream at the counter instead of the restaurant and eat outside at the tables if it is too crowded. I love Beaches & Cream for an early dinner/late lunch or ice cream!

javamama
03-01-2011, 07:45 PM
I'm so glad I've read this since we've never been to Beaches, and were staying at YC. Someone at work said make sure to get the 1 scoop sundae not the two scoop because 1 scoop is actually 2.