PDA

View Full Version : Animation at DHS

Momto3littlemice
02-26-2011, 03:30 PM
Has anyone done the Animation Tour at DHS? We haven't done it recently and I am wondering if it is enjoyable for grade school aged children. Could someone tell me what it is like and if kids like it? Thanks!
7 days... :mickey:

micky95
02-26-2011, 04:27 PM
my dw & i love it.the tour starts where a cast members tells you about how they create characters & they draw one while you watch.after you come out there are interactive areas where you can do sound effects & other things.but im saving the best for last .they have a class you can go into with an artist & you get to draw a character !!!its a little section to the right(? ) where you wait.they do have limited seatingso you have to wait in the area.the class is about 20 minutes & is very fun to do . in my drawings the characters are skinny but my wifes are fat. we have a good laugh about it. a little secret ,if you enjoy the drawing class you dont have to do the whole tour. go thru the gift shop a go to the waiti are. my dw & i do that alot. going down for my 50 th birthday march 18 so i hope this helped and have a magical day:mickey:

wdwvacationeer
02-26-2011, 08:06 PM
My ten year old daughter and I did it last year for the first time and loved it! It is definitely on our list of things to do at HS this year! Fun and relaxing! :mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-26-2011, 08:28 PM
We love it!

Well, actually, we love meeting the characters and the drawing class at the end. The tour is cute, but we've done it a couple of times, so just head in the "back door" (from the store at the end) and take in the class.

So, if the kids love the drawing part, and I think they will, you don't have to sit through the tour every time.

kakn7294
02-27-2011, 12:01 PM
We love it! The movie is cute - better if you have a good CM. The concept art from the latest or upcoming movie is generally interesting and it's self-guided so you can skip it if it doesn't interest you. Sometimes there is an actual artist working on a cel in the area overlooking the workstations and that can be interesting to watch for a few minutes. There is the drawing class at the end - it's my 11yo daughter's favorite part although she usually ends up pouting because her picture doesn't turn out like the animator's did.