PDA

View Full Version : Character breakfast advice needed/? about Mickey's Very Scary Halloween

Poohshoneypot
02-26-2011, 08:47 AM
We are taking our daughter, who will be 3 yrs old at the time of trip, to Disney World. Does anyone have any advice to which character breakfast would be the best for her?

I've been to 1900 Park Fare, and loved it.

Also, is the Mickey's Very Sacry Halloween worth the money?

Thanks so much.

disney_daddy
02-26-2011, 09:42 AM
We alsao like the 1900 Park Fare breakfeast the best, but we also liked the one in Animal Kingdom (don't know the new name though).
As far as Mickey's Very Sacry Halloween - I have never gone, but did go to the Pirates Party when they had it, and if this is anything like it, I'd say yes that it is worth the money. I really enjoyed going to that.

Narawen
02-26-2011, 09:51 AM
I'd say it mostly depends on which characters she prefers- Mickey and friends, Pooh and Friends, Princesses, etc. I'd try to get one for breakfast before the MK opens. Crystal Palace and CRT both open an hour before the park does. We usually do CP, but if she loves princesses, CRT would be better. Being on Main Street before the park is open to most guests is amazing.

ETA- Can't comment on MNSSHP. Haven't been.

Brainiak5
02-26-2011, 05:12 PM
If she reacts poorly to the costumed characters, Akershus and Cinderella's are all face. My daughter was petrified of all the costumed folks (except for Minnie) whe she was younger so we moved on to the others as she got older. My youngest son, on the other hand, loved all of them even as a toddler.

Enjoy!:)

ElenitaB
02-26-2011, 06:45 PM
At that age, one trip to the next can bring different reactions to the characters. That said, I'd recommend either Crystal Palace (Pooh and friends) and 'Ohana's character breakfast with Mickey, Pluto, Lilo and Stitch. The latter is quieter than other character breakfasts; both breakfasts have interactivity that's not simply based on "one on one" experiences (i.e., the parades). At both locations, I've seen the characters back off and approach slowly when children are not totally comfortable with their presence.

As for the princesses, you can't really go wrong with Askershus or CRT.

And MNSSHP... in my opinion, it's the best! Totally worth the money. Lots of fun! Lots of dance parties with the characters for your little one to "rock out." An awesome parade (with catchy music). Character meet and greets all over the place. Everyone (including the parental units) in costume. I just love it... can't wait to go back.

GottaLvDisney
02-27-2011, 03:01 PM
When my DD was three, she really enjoyed all the character meals. Out of the breakfasts that we've done, Chef Mickey's and O'hana were probably our faves, with the latter being more low key like the pp said. We haven't done CP, that's still on our to do list.

As far as the MNSSHP, we absolutely love it. We've been twice and are planning to go again this September. The parade is great, the costumes are such fun to look at and the kids love the whole atmosphere of the park, not to mention the trick-or-treating. I think it's definitely worth trying at least once so you can judge for yourself.

LittleRoosMommy
02-27-2011, 04:00 PM
When our DDs were that age, they both LOVED CP! The character interaction is great! They also love CRT and Akershus for the Princesses!

As for MNSSHP: We LOVE it!! :cloud9: It is absolutely worth every penny spent on the tickets! The character interaction is amazing! My DDs both still talk about their last party (almost 3yrs ago)! They loved the dance parties, trick-or-treating with the characters... the parade is awesome! And the fireworks.... the best of any of the parks or parties.... and we've spent NYE's at MK! My family loved the music from the party so much that we actually bought the CD! LOL We can't wait to go back again this Oct!!!

Hope this helps and you have a great trip!!

KennyandKim
02-27-2011, 06:03 PM
After all the great reviews we are planning to try this party on our Sept trip.

brownie
02-27-2011, 07:40 PM
Our favorite is Goofy's Beach Bash at Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club.

I'd pick based on her character favorites, so go with where her favorites will be.

Poohshoneypot
02-27-2011, 08:20 PM
Thanks to everyone for the helpful feedback.

I think we might go with CP, only b/c she knows and like Pooh and friends....and I like the fact that they seem to interact with everyone there.

I can't wait for MNSSHP.....sounds like we are in for a great time.