PDA

View Full Version : Re engagements.

Crow
02-25-2011, 08:49 PM
on our last trip, i bought her a ring from the ring carver in Mexico & we got preengaged..well i was a little mean & she though i was breaking up at the end of our meal at San Angel but then gave her the ring. I later gave her an engagement ring on her bday but in was in a local park.
I was thinking of getting t ring from her for cleaning and saying they need it for a few wks but secretly take it on our trip next month.
if i pull this off, where should i give it back to her? I was thinking of at MK during WIshes, Epcot Illuminations (since i gave her that original ring just before it) or Cinderellas Castle during a meal. (unforunately theres no reserves available)
any other thoughts?

buzznwoodysmom
02-25-2011, 10:28 PM
I'll probably be in the minority here, and I don't want to sound mean. But.....I think overdoing something like an engagement (that normally only happens one very, very, very special time) makes the whole thing kind of "not special". I think if my husband did this several times for me it would loose some of its meaning, or make the actual engagement seem less special. But maybe that's just me.

SBETigg
02-26-2011, 06:37 AM
I would just be afraid of losing the ring. Cleaning just takes a few minutes. Once you put it on me, I wouldn't be giving it back. ;) It's a romantic thought, but Denise has a point. You're engaged now, and that's what's special. Maybe don't worry so much about the ring drama. The moment is the big deal for most women, and you had that. So now maybe just pick a special spot to tell her over again how much you love her. Sounds like Epcot before Illuminations is special for you, so I would do it there. Best wishes to you!

luvdiznee
02-26-2011, 07:09 AM
I'll probably be in the minority here, and I don't want to sound mean. But.....I think overdoing something like an engagement (that normally only happens one very, very, very special time) makes the whole thing kind of "not special". I think if my husband did this several times for me it would loose some of its meaning, or make the actual engagement seem less special. But maybe that's just me.

I agree, you have already given her the ring, you are already engaged, why not just celebrate with a special meal or night out on your trip.