PDA

View Full Version : Second week of May

Luv4WDW
02-24-2011, 11:44 AM
Can anybody tell me what I can expect as far as crowds go in the second week of May? We will be at WDW May 8-15th. I was thinking this would be a good time for crowds and weather. :mickey:

faline
02-24-2011, 11:48 AM
It will likely be on the hot side already.

I'd expect moderate crowds. With Easter falling so late this year, some folks may have pushed their vacations into May so that may also drive up crowds some.

FenwayGirl
02-24-2011, 12:23 PM
We usually go that week. It is warm, but does cool down a little at night. The crowds are not too bad.

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-24-2011, 01:35 PM
We've been twice that week and quite liked it.

Faline is right, is can be quite hot already, but not as humid as the summer, and it does cool down a bit more at night.

We found crowds to be moderate, not crazy, and with a little planning we were able to do all of our favourites without too much wait at all.

It is DH's and DD's favourite time to go. :thumbsup:

Checkers
02-24-2011, 02:09 PM
:mickey:We were there last year at that time and found the crowds to be quite manageable except the weekend (especially MK) was very crowded. The weather was warm but as stated earlier not as humid as the summer. I think it is an ideal time to go. Have fun!

Luv4WDW
02-24-2011, 04:53 PM
Thanks for the words of reassurance everybody! The last time we were there was the end of June, so it was REALLY hot and REALLY crowded. I'm hoping for (and anticipating) shorter lines this time. :cloud9:

GoBlueLacheta
02-25-2011, 01:34 PM
This has been our regular time to go because Finals at my University usually end the first three or four days of May. It is really close to Summer Vacation and usually that keeps parents away from yanking kids out of school with only a few weeks to go.

The crowds are still there. It has been increasingly busy the past few times we have gone in May. It would definitely be labeled Moderate and Manageable. It is not so crazy that it is hot and unbearable both crowd and temperature wise. After going last January and it being 39 and rain at EPCOT our first day we would be fine with 94.

As always, make your ADR's asap, have a plan, and utilize fastpass. The major headliners will always be busy regardless so just map out your day accordingly to at least get TSM and Soarin twice. These seem to be the most difficult because evvvvvvvvvvverbody is comfortable riding them unlike Space, Splash, or even TOT and RRC.

The Boardwalk is really nice that time of year as always really, EPCOT on the weekend has been the best bet for us. We have gone to EPCOT on that Saturday of our trip and it has been surprisingly empty even in Future World. MK is usually packed with either day groups or locals on that weekend. Sunday usually has the EMH as well which increases the crowd levels at MK.

Have Fun!