PDA

View Full Version : 180 Days + 10 Is NOT working for Me? All Booked

LeeAnn
02-24-2011, 11:15 AM
Yesterday was 180 days so I called to make my ADRs. In past no problems. I also had last minutes trips, while I did not get everything, I have gotten ADRS.

Yesterday...
LATE ADR for Chef Mickey, Ohanna, Planet Hollywood.
AND NO Fantasmic Dinner Package @ Mama Melrose.

Called backed later in day and CM was surprised that it was all booked. She said maybe it was not loaded into the systems. Maybe on 180th day it will have some opening.

While I like being able to book my ADRs at one time, I feel that I am losing out to people that start their trip eariler. I don't mind calling everyday to get my ADRs if it means getting it.

Very fustrated. I have never had this problem.

Late August is usually a slow time. I know that they offered Free Dinning for that time but I have gone at the time before w/ Free Dinning and did not encounter this.

Are you encountering this as well?

Instead of just calling each day for make ADRs for each day of my trip, now I will calling everyday till my trip to try to get ADRs or better ADRs. This is worse. Planning 6 months out should get to get your ADRs.

What's going on?

Strmchsr
02-24-2011, 11:39 AM
"Free" dining has become very popular during that time of the year. With Disney offering it early, a lot of folks jumped on it earlier than normal. In the past "free" dining has not been offered for the fall until April, so past the 180 day mark. Now everyone has gotten it because they offered it early. Also, they continue to offer fewer showings of Fantasmic which means lots of folks fighting for just a few slots on the dining package.

faline
02-24-2011, 11:43 AM
Are you able to book for 180 + 10 or is the on-line system allowing you to book only for the 180 day mark?

LeeAnn
02-24-2011, 11:57 AM
I have booked in Aug w/ Free Dining before and had no problems.

This time on 180th day, everything is booked.
I could not have called eariler so what was I supposed to do?

faline
02-24-2011, 11:59 AM
I have booked in Aug w/ Free Dining before and had no problems.

This time on 180th day, everything is booked.
I could not have called eariler so what was I supposed to do?

I can only suggest that you keep trying - you never know when things will open up.

Have you tried booking in alternative restaurants? You can always cancel if your first choice restaurants open up later on.

Dsnygirl
02-24-2011, 01:39 PM
I was curious, b/c I booked on Sunday at 180 days out and had no problems, but when I went on Monday to book a breakfast reservation, nothing was available and I had to call -- the CM I talked to had no problem getting us what we wanted, but had no input for me, either, as to why I wasn't getting any availability on line.

So, I just went on Disney's site now to see if I could add any reservations, and found everything to be open. I just went generic dinner reservations with no specifics, and I could have gotten in just about anywhere at Epcot or Hollywood Studios plus about 3 resorts, all between 5:30 and 7:30.

Do you think maybe it could have to do with your reservation number?? Maybe call and have a CM see how your reservation is booked... maybe there is some kind of glitch going on with it??

Good luck -- I can only imagine how frustrating it is. :fingers:

tadshome
02-24-2011, 01:41 PM
I made my booking yesterday (online) for 180 days + 10 and got all of my first choice restaurants at the times that I wanted for 5 people. This is a first for me as I normally have to have "back ups" in place. Maybe you could try on line? It opens one house earlier than the telephone lines.

KylesMom
02-24-2011, 02:49 PM
NO Fantasmic Dinner Package @ Mama Melrose

I had the same problem booking Fantasmic for the same restaurant on July 12th back in January. It could be a programming issue.

I'm curious - when you look at the online calendar, is the date you are trying to make the ADR highlighted, or is it in a light shade of gray that you can't click on when trying to book the Fantasmic Dinner Package?

olivegirl
02-24-2011, 03:22 PM
My 180 was on Sunday!!! I got up 658am started dialing n got in right at 7am. I had no problems what so ever!! We are booked Aug 18th-Aug 28th! We usually vacation last 2 weeks in August and NEVER had any issues with ADRs!!! Just cant wait!!:thumbsup:

EvilQueen2006
02-24-2011, 04:37 PM
My 180 day was yesterday. couldn't get fantasmic package for Aug 25th anywhere, but checked online today and was able to get H&V for 3:40. A little early for my liking, but I got one, I'll keep checking to see if a later time opens up. I got the rest of my choices no problem.

Pooh Gal0305
02-27-2011, 09:01 PM
I had the same problem. I called on Tuesday, which is our 180 day mark and the person I spoke to said I couldn't book then. I told him that we actually arrived on the 22nd. I was trying to book a date later in the week. He suggested for me to call later the first part of the following week. Since the dining plan is new to us, I knew to go ahead and try to start booking our ADRs as soon as possible. Saturday morning, I went online and booked our ADRs and was able to get everything I wanted. I did have one issue and that was with booking Boma for a breakfast. The only time that was available was at 7:30 in the morning and there was no way we would be able to get there from another hotel at that time of the morning unless we were staying there. I waited a few minutes, finished booking the rest of the ADRs we wanted to do and went back and tried Boma and a better time came up.

Yesterday was 180 days so I called to make my ADRs. In past no problems. I also had last minutes trips, while I did not get everything, I have gotten ADRS.

Yesterday...
LATE ADR for Chef Mickey, Ohanna, Planet Hollywood.
AND NO Fantasmic Dinner Package @ Mama Melrose.

Called backed later in day and CM was surprised that it was all booked. She said maybe it was not loaded into the systems. Maybe on 180th day it will have some opening.

While I like being able to book my ADRs at one time, I feel that I am losing out to people that start their trip eariler. I don't mind calling everyday to get my ADRs if it means getting it.

Very fustrated. I have never had this problem.

Late August is usually a slow time. I know that they offered Free Dinning for that time but I have gone at the time before w/ Free Dinning and did not encounter this.

Are you encountering this as well?

Instead of just calling each day for make ADRs for each day of my trip, now I will calling everyday till my trip to try to get ADRs or better ADRs. This is worse. Planning 6 months out should get to get your ADRs.

What's going on?

pamickeys
03-02-2011, 02:20 PM
Is anyone ever able to get an ADR for Mickeys backyard BBQ?