PDA

View Full Version : Dear Friends, please reassure me!

Sweetpea29488
02-24-2011, 10:38 AM
We've been to Disney World at least 18 times in the last 19 years with one trip to DL. We've taken our wonderful DN on one trip (her first, back in 2009) but it was just a very short one. She was 4 at the time and we wanted to see how she would do. Well, we will be taking her June 1-6. We've never been during this week. Since it's been just the two of us we usually go during off times. We did take her in July on her first trip and did just MK one day. We did really well (rode 18 rides (some twice) had a sit down lunch at Crystal Palace, got 11 autographs, watched the afternoon parade, had a 2 hour break back at the hotel and saw spectro and wishes) so we know how to work it. (We arrived at MK before rope drop) I'm just worried about the week we choose. (June 1-6) Has anyone had experience during this time? Thanks for listening to me and for any advice.

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-24-2011, 11:50 AM
I haven't been in early June, but I do know that it is starting to be a busy time. Not as bad as July, but still busy.

Sounds like you have the plan down though, get there early, be sure to use FastPass as much as possible and take a break in the afternoon to keep everyone up and going for the fireworks and evening parades.

You may want to book some TS lunches, instead of dinners, so that at the busiest times in the parks, you'll be eating (and out of the hottest part of the day).

As you know, it will be hot and humid, so be sure everyone stays well hydrated and I'm sure you'll have a great time!

Clairenmn
02-24-2011, 12:04 PM
We will actually be there at the same time!

I've looked at a few crowd estimates and it seems to be OK for this week - and not as hot as our last trip, which was mid-August, with temps around 80s-low 90s

However, keep in mind that it's Star Wars Weekends (Fri-Sun) and Gay Days this week - I'm planning to just be at a different park than the one scheduled for the events to avoid the crowds, but it shouldn't be too much either way.

GrumpyFan
02-24-2011, 12:36 PM
We have been there during this time, and it is pretty crowded, but it's manageable, especially if you're a seasoned visitor. One thing we do when it's this crowded is get park hoppers, so if it gets too crowded in the park we're in, we'll just hop over to our hotel.

Another thing you can do is, go to the parks early in the morning, then leave around lunch time, head to your hotel, and then go to a water park sometime after 2. Crowds at the water parks start going down around this time, and it can be a great way to end the day. Of course, the bad part is this is the hottest part of the day, but if you're in the water, it's not too bad.

Reedy Creek Buccaneer
02-24-2011, 12:41 PM
I will be there at the same time. I have been planning around the gay days at each park. It shouldn't be that big of deal. Just got to plan your day and have fun!:mickey:

#1donaldfan
02-24-2011, 12:44 PM
We have done June many, many times and love it !! No worries....yes it will be hot and crowded, however it appears that you are astute in all things Disney, so I'm sure you will do fine !! :cool:

GrumpyFan
02-24-2011, 12:48 PM
I should add, that for Gay days, it's really not that big of a deal. We've been in the specific park on the day they were planning to be there, and barely noticed.

cer
02-24-2011, 02:14 PM
OK, so can you all reassure me that June 7-13 will be equally great? We have only done May and then about three years of late Jan, early Feb and I am starting to stress about the crowds, too.

Although, I will say that I am pretty relieved that I won't have to worry about being cold.

Auntie B
02-24-2011, 02:39 PM
Early June is not too terribly crowded, however, it seems to rain A LOT. Be sure and pack some rain ponchos. Have an incredible time!

alaMode
02-24-2011, 02:43 PM
It was great! It was a very fun way to begin summer vacation!

It was crowded, but not crazy. It was hot, but not sweltering. Perfect pool weather!

We got to each park for rope drop, then returned to our resort around 1pm for lunch/swimming/rest. We usually had TS ressies (at another resort or DTD) around 7pm.

We typically didn't visit the parks at night, but that's just our preference--we wanted to be up early to start the day.

We did attend Star Wars Weekend events at DS and it was a lot of fun.

I wish we could do it again this year, but school is getting out later this year and we've made other travel plans.

You are going to have so much fun!

lovinmesomedisney
02-26-2011, 12:00 AM
We did the first week of June one year, and honestly it was the LAST time I have ever gone in the summer and never plan on it again. It was SUPER crowded. Star Wars weekends were going on, and not only was the Studios crowded, but the Magic Kingdom was in our opinion, unbearable! There were lines to get drinks, no tables at the counter service restaurants, just plain miserable. This was about 10 years ago, and we now ONLY go in Sept., Feb., and I went for my bday in April, which was very nice.

ransam
02-26-2011, 12:43 AM
you're a Disney...who cares? ha. there are no problems at Disney.