PDA

View Full Version : POR Refurbishment

elmjimmlm
02-24-2011, 10:27 AM
I read that starting in May, POR is starting a refurbishment that will replace full beds with queen...Do you think there will be room for the trundle to stay? I really hope it will because for a family of 5 there isn't a big choice of resorts that aren't deluxe to stay...

bcornette
02-24-2011, 12:03 PM
I hope they keep the trundle. Being a family of 5 we love this resort. I hope someone knows some information and can let us in on it. Do you know when the refurb is going to be complete? I was going to try to book a room for 5 for after the completion date and see if it's still an option.

elmjimmlm
02-24-2011, 12:39 PM
It said spring 2012...

lindique
02-24-2011, 07:29 PM
I just got back from French Quarter and was given one of the newly refurbished rooms with the Queen beds. I believe that there WILL be room for the trundles (whether they put them there though is, of course, another matter).

Most of the additional space needed for the mattress was gotten by reducing the width of the nightstand table that is between the two beds. The new table is much smaller than the old one. I did not see much difference at all in the empty floor space.