PDA

View Full Version : App for phone re: Park Hours, etc.

Dream'nDisney
02-23-2011, 05:39 PM
Does WDW still offer the app for AT&T cell phone users to get park hours, and wait times at the parks?

John
02-23-2011, 06:32 PM
I think Verizon has the corner on that market right now:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/tag/mobile-magic/

Dream'nDisney
02-25-2011, 02:10 PM
Well, I know I had something on my ATT phone last year when we were there that sent me a text about park hours, etc. I do know that Verizon's app is much better, but does anyone know if the system I am referring to is still available to ATT users?

JPL
03-01-2011, 11:07 PM
They do offer a text message service but it is not very good I tried it in December. It only gives you very basic information and wait times are not actual time it will state moderate or low just the WDW Mobile Website does. You have to register online for it if you want to give it a try but I wouldn't reccomend it. But other than the official Mobile Magic App nothing else is available.

DreamFinder2
03-02-2011, 12:39 AM
I'll preface this by saying I'm trying not to violate TOS, here, but just trying to help...

There are several non-cell phone company related mobile websites that give this kind of information. Can't post them here, but PM me if you want info.

JPL
03-02-2011, 01:54 PM
True there are other apps but most of them are estimates and/or rely on user submitted information. So at the times they are very good and at other times they are way off base. The information you get is only as good as others put into their system.

Dream'nDisney
03-07-2011, 02:57 PM
They do offer a text message service but it is not very good I tried it in December. It only gives you very basic information and wait times are not actual time it will state moderate or low just the WDW Mobile Website does. You have to register online for it if you want to give it a try but I wouldn't reccomend it. But other than the official Mobile Magic App nothing else is available.

That is what we used before. Do you remember how to register for it? I don't. I know it wasn't that great, but it was kind of fun to get the text messages.

JPL
03-07-2011, 06:22 PM
I registered on the Disney Website under the Walt Disney World Section but I can't seem to find it now :confused: I remember seeing it and signing up before my trip but just can't seem to locate the information now. I even tried to do a search and came up with nothing :confused:

Dream'nDisney
03-08-2011, 01:12 PM
Hmmm. Maybe they aren't offering it anymore???

WDWfanatic742
03-09-2011, 06:04 AM
You guys talking about this?

http://disneyparksmobile.com/textmessaging/

Dream'nDisney
03-09-2011, 01:25 PM
It looks like that is it. I don't remember how I signed up for it last year. I don't remember paying a fee, but if it is only $1.99, I don't mind paying that. Thank you for finding it!

JPL
03-10-2011, 01:04 PM
The App is $1.99 I think the text messaging is still free.

Dream'nDisney
03-14-2011, 01:27 PM
Thank you. I actually found my registration confirmation from last year. I still don't remember paying $1.99, but that isn't a big deal. I will be registering again so that I can enjoy getting a text message from WDW while we are down there. :mickey: