PDA

View Full Version : May have to postpone my trip

Cinderelley
02-24-2011, 03:48 AM
While I was working my Saturday night shift, I had to go in for emergency surgery. I am very thankful to be alive (a miracle according to my fellow ER coworkers), but I will be out of work for a while. Since my short-term disability pay is only 2/3rds of what I normally get paid, I don't think I will be able to pay for the trip I had planned for December. I know in the grand scheme of things, it is a small detail, but I knew you guys would understand my disappointment.

brownie
02-24-2011, 07:25 AM
Glad you're okay and sorry you'll have to postpone your trip to Walt Disney World. I hope you have a quick recovery and can get back to saving soon!

Dsnygirl
02-24-2011, 10:21 AM
Glad to hear you are okay, that must have been VERY scary!! It's another blessing that you work in the ER, no?? :thumbsup: I hope you are feeling better soon, and back to planning your trip for whenever it works out best! :)

SBETigg
02-24-2011, 10:37 AM
What a major bummer! Your life is more important of course, and so glad you had the surgery and are on the mend. But wow, sad that you could miss your trip. Sorry. :( Maybe something good will happen to turn that around for you. Fingers crossed and sending pixie dust.

:pixie:.

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-24-2011, 10:48 AM
so sorry, that is a bummer:(

princessgirls
02-24-2011, 10:55 AM
I wish you a speedy and full recovery!!!

Our health is our wealth. I can't imagine how bad you must have felt on your shift, and how scary it was to go in for emergency surgery. Thankfully you were in the right place and you could be treated quickly.

Listen...do not give up on your trip!! You need to heal now, and give it more thought when it comes closer to having to pay for it. November is a ways away, and things may work out for you and you'll be able to go.

Prayers for you!
Julie:mickey:

LudwigVonDrake
02-26-2011, 10:24 AM
Rest up and heal. WDW will still be there when you're healthy :wave:

Cinderelley
02-27-2011, 06:50 AM
Thanks for cheering me up everyone. :D