PDA

View Full Version : One thing i love about WDW

ransam
02-23-2011, 05:59 PM
well there's thousands...
but one thing i always noticed, and wonder if any of you noticed it too....

the variety of people that are all enjoying the same thing. You have old people, young people, couples, families, friends who all go together. You have people from all countries. you have people who look like they are punk rockers, people that look like they are from a farm, big city, all together. You have big groups, small groups, individuals....
and everyone seems to have a smile on their face....

anyone ever just looked around and been amazed at the variety of people?

Pop Centurion
02-23-2011, 06:35 PM
I agree. It's nice when you engage in conversation with people from other countries. It's great to know people from different cultures, religions, lifestyles, etc, all share & enjoy a common interest.

jillluvsdisney
02-23-2011, 06:51 PM
That is something I think Disney has over so many other vacation options. It's such a great place for multi generational trips because there is so much to appeal to all types of ages and tatstes.

Just-Keep-Swimming
02-23-2011, 09:02 PM
i LOVE seeing young, "tough" guys suddenly break out singing along to Wishes or other Disney classics! :rocker::sing::mickey3:

JWB3
02-25-2011, 11:26 AM
What a terrific post! We all talk of the smells, favorite attractions, places to eat and stay, etc., but WDW makes for an opportunity to enjoy an incredible mix of people. I love listening not just to the international accents, but to all the American accents, trying to figure what part of the country they are from. We all get so sheltered in our own home towns and cities we forget how diverse we are in our own country - Brooklyn to Boston to Birmingham, Dallas to Detroit: Henry Higgins would have a field day!! :mickey:

dwonderz
02-25-2011, 04:41 PM
I agree! It's great to see everyone enjoying themselves! From people with DISabilties to toddlers to teens to adults! The cast emmbers attitudes - it's like a great big melting pot!

magicman
02-25-2011, 05:11 PM
Great post & some great points.

Have you ever wondered what the world would be like if everyone had a chance to go to WDW every few years?

I can't imagine an evil dictator visiting WDW and leaving the same way that they came. For that matter, I can't imagine anyone who has a chance to go to WDW ever becoming an evil dictator.

Finally, to answer the original question. I love how WDW is about enjoying the experience of the very moment that you are in. I love that at any & every moment there is something to enjoy (to see, hear, smell, taste, or touch). It's not just about looking forward to and getting to the next attraction. It's about enjoying Point A and Point Z and EVERYTHING in between.

SandmanGStefani24
02-25-2011, 05:54 PM
Haven't been amazed since trip #2.

After seeing my fellow teenaged metal bandmates get excited about seeing Mickey or hopping off a ride as excited as a 5 year old not much amazes me.
:D

Thats a small part of what keeps me coming back. Any place with that magic keeps you hooked.

One of the other things is seeing that same joy happen to other people. Cant wait to go back!!

wildernesslady
02-25-2011, 06:06 PM
I love how you can forget about the real world. It gives us the time to spend with our family uninterupted. We have fun there no matter what we are doing. Some of our best memories do not even involve the parks. It is trully magical.

LynBug
02-25-2011, 07:34 PM
I definately love the diversity of people at WDW. There's nothing like watching Illuminations at Epcot with people all over the world. My family and I like how the whole theme of the show is that we are all one, and it's just awesome to share that feeling with all the different people that are there watching it with you :mickey:

IloveDisney71
02-25-2011, 11:31 PM
I've often noticed the variety of people at WDW. I love to see different people's reactions to seeing a character, Wishes, a show, Fantasmic, an attraction, the castle, etc... I LOVE to people watch and talk to people while waiting in lines or for parades etc. Have you ever noticed how people more easily strike up conversations with strangers at WDW? I don't normally talk to strangers but I find myself doing it at WDW. I guess the magic just takes over. :mickey:

ransam
02-26-2011, 12:52 AM
that reminded me of something...when i was a teen i went and it just so happened that the most popular girl in my school was there. she was always the rreal cool girl that never let anything get to her, and everynow and then i'd see this cool as a cucumber girl actling like she was 7.... ha

disneymom15
02-26-2011, 09:53 AM
Sitting on a bench and people watching is one of my favorite things to do.