PDA

View Full Version : MVMCP-Worth It

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-23-2011, 11:55 AM
We've booked our December trip and paid for it upon booking....I am paying everyone's expenses for this trip and have already figured I will need to save $1500 between now and December. I am a single mom with a single income so we are already cutting out eating out, movies etc...so that we can have a wonderful vacation for my son's senior year. I am thinking the last MVMCP showing will be our first full day of our vacation and am trying to decide if it will be worth it...I figure it will cost an additional $200 by the time taxes are added in....so to those of you who have done it, worth it or not? Give the reasons why or why not....Thanks in advance for your help:mickey:

DisneyMom12
02-23-2011, 12:29 PM
I say it is worth it. To see the castle lit up like ice, as you look down main st as it snows. It takes your breath away.

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-23-2011, 12:38 PM
You are talking about the lights on the castle right? They have those on non MVMCP nights right? I know the snow would be cool:)

big blue and hairy
02-23-2011, 12:52 PM
You are talking about the lights on the castle right? They have those on non MVMCP nights right? I know the snow would be cool:)Yes they are on other nights. I too think its worth it. Depending on how you are purchasing tickets, I may have a suggestion. We are Seasonal Passholders now, but before we were, we would buy the regular park passes for one less day than we were going to be there. On the MVMCP day we would have the event tickets which would let us in at 4pm. Before that we would resort hop and check out the Christmas decorations, have a nice lunch, and heck if it's an unusually warm day, take a dip at our resort, them go to the party around 4 and have 8 hours in the Magic Kingdom.

:sulley:

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-23-2011, 01:51 PM
Thanks for the advice

JPL
02-23-2011, 01:51 PM
I think it's worth it but only if you take advantage of the special party offerings. I always make sure to see all the shows,enjoy some cookies & Cocoa, watch the fireworks and some times I will even watch the parade twice. If you are going and planning on just hitting the attractions like a regular night then it's not worth the extra money.

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-23-2011, 01:55 PM
What shows?

JPL
02-23-2011, 02:01 PM
There are 2 shows

Celebrate the Season which takes place on the Castle Stage and A Totally Tomorrowland Christmas which takes place on the stage in Tomorrowland.

For more information checck out Info Central (http://intercot.com/infocentral/holidays/christmas/mvmcp.asp)

JROriole8Fan
02-23-2011, 02:06 PM
I would say that the extra $200 is not worth it. You would get more bang for your buck by adding a day to your park ticket, because each extra day is much less that $50. You can experience virtually everything during a normal day and then you are paying a lot for a show and some hot chocolate. Just don't make your MK day the day they close early for the MVMCP, make that day another park, open the full day.

Scar
02-23-2011, 02:08 PM
I did it once. I did not think it was worth it and will not do it again. But... I always say people should try everything once for themselves and make your own decision.

I made the disastrous mistake of being conned into seeing Fantasmic! a second time. Still regretting that decision.

MarkC
02-23-2011, 02:17 PM
It also depends on your budget. You mention being a single Mom and having to save that money by December. Knowing that, I would say its not worth it. These events can be really crowded and I don't know that teenagers would enjoy it very much. Save your money for the graduation party.

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-23-2011, 02:50 PM
It also depends on your budget. You mention being a single Mom and having to save that money by December. Knowing that, I would say its not worth it. These events can be really crowded and I don't know that teenagers would enjoy it very much. Save your money for the graduation party.

That's what I was thinking....not sure the shows would be our thing...while the snow and hot chocolate would be fun I don't think its $200 fun for me....:mickey:

wilcat
02-23-2011, 02:57 PM
I would say no. Even though I have gone and really liked it I would not go again for the $ they want. Like others said you can still see the castle lit up anyday in December and if you want the atmosphere of snow, just go to DHS and see the Osborne lights. Snow, lights and music what a great combination and all for the price of the ticket you already bought.

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-23-2011, 03:29 PM
I was excited about it at first, but then heard the parades are the same the week after the party ends...for snow, cookies and hot chocolate I just can't justify it so we may just skip it.

ransam
02-23-2011, 05:48 PM
i've been two times. first time i liked it, glad i went, but didnt' want to go the second time..jsut thought it wasn't worth the money for a second time....and i was right. got dragged to it...but if you haven't seen it, it's kind of fun...the firwork show is amazing....but i dont' think you will kick yourself if you don't go.

badkitty
02-24-2011, 12:53 AM
I love MVMCP but...

Last year I took my BFF who had never been and it rained enough to cancel the stage shows and shorten the parades. (Skaters on foot, no horses or trumpeting soldiers.) I was disappointed that my BFF wasn't able to enjoy the whole experience. If I had paid $200, I would have been really disappointed.

Marionla
02-24-2011, 08:06 AM
The snow is very minimal, hot choc and cookies not worth it. Last time I went, it was so crowded we were miserable. FYI.. Snow is only on main st. Plan to go to DHS and see the Osborne lighting ceremony. It is free with pk admission and beautiful.at dusk when the lights are turned on you will hear the whole crowd gasp,the music begin to lay and the excitement in the crowd. It can get crowded, but worth it. Camera a must! I am trying to plan a trip during 1st 2 weeks in dec. We always go to WDW at this time. Enjoy!

Granny Jill A
02-24-2011, 08:33 AM
I would say that the extra $200 is not worth it. You would get more bang for your buck by adding a day to your park ticket, because each extra day is much less that $50. You can experience virtually everything during a normal day and then you are paying a lot for a show and some hot chocolate. Just don't make your MK day the day they close early for the MVMCP, make that day another park, open the full day.

I agree that it's not worth the extra cost. My sis and I went and we didn't even get hot chocolate or cookies because they ran out. The crowds were HUGE and cast members were irritated beyond belief. Won't ever do that again.

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-24-2011, 10:38 AM
I think I already know what we're going to do......At first I was so excited because I looked at past dates and figured it would finally be going on during our trip and it was just a given we would go. I really didn't know how much it was until I looked at last year's prices and my mom said she wouldn't think it was worth it....I really want a special trip this time because it will be my son's senior year and who knows when or if we ever get another family vacation all together. I got a PIN code so for the first time ever we are staying Deluxe level...but my son is a teenager so not sure he would really be interested in the stage shows or cookies and hot chocolate, so I really don't see us paying $200 for the party. I just wanted to make sure there was something else going on that I didn't know about.

Thanks for all your help.