PDA

View Full Version : Best Way To Chef Mickey's

CinderAriel
02-23-2011, 10:04 AM
From the Magic Kingdom, is it quicker to get to Chef Mickey's by monorail or by walking?

76 more days to go!

antnyh
02-23-2011, 10:06 AM
I honestly think it depends on the crowd levels at the monorail. I personally would just walk. I know walking is quicker especially after Wishes.

JPL
02-23-2011, 10:11 AM
Walking is probably the quickest way especially if you are getting off the buses.

Jasper
02-23-2011, 10:45 AM
Just remember there is no real sidewalk for part of the walk so you have to be careful with the traffic. Still, walking is normally the fastest way to get there because of the wait.

vicster
02-23-2011, 10:49 AM
How about the boat from MK???

Strmchsr
02-23-2011, 11:02 AM
How about the boat from MK???

Is there a boat that goes to the contemporary resort? Regardless, I've never found the boat to be the quickest way to do anything. I'd definitely say walking is quickest.

vicster
02-23-2011, 11:07 AM
Is there a boat that goes to the contemporary resort? Regardless, I've never found the boat to be the quickest way to do anything. I'd definitely say walking is quickest.

Yes, there is. May not be the quickest way but relaxing after walking the parks all day.

ldc12377
02-23-2011, 01:28 PM
another vote for walking here.

Scar
02-23-2011, 01:38 PM
Just remember there is no real sidewalk for part of the walk so you have to be careful with the traffic.Really? :confused: Are you refering to the crosswalks? Because except for them, I remember there being a sidewalk the whole time.

RBrooksC
02-23-2011, 02:28 PM
I remember there being a sidewalk the whole way except where one has to cross the street. Disney encourages people to walk to the MK from the CR so they will make sure it is rather easy to do. I would rather walk because you can control the situation.

pamickeys
03-02-2011, 02:29 PM
By the time you walk out the gate , over to the station, up the ramp, on to the platform, and wait. you can already be at CR by walking.

Fastpasssteve
03-02-2011, 10:48 PM
Take the Monorail!

This is a no-brainer for me. How many monorails do you have in your hometown or city? Exactly.

Plus, the Monorail drives right through the Contemporary. How cool is that?!?

ransam
03-02-2011, 11:02 PM
walking is quicker, but monorail is more fun.

CleveRocks
03-03-2011, 07:59 PM
If you're getting off a bus at MK, walking to the Contemporary is quicker, NOT because of a possible wait for a monorail but because it's a shorter walk to the Contemporary than it is to the MK monorail platform. I checked this out using a runners website that uses satellite photos.

DizneyRox
03-03-2011, 08:37 PM
Remember, I'm a BIG fan of walking EVERYWHERE in WDW...

Now, from MK:

Quickest? Probably monorail, IF you catch it right. If you are waiting in a line for the monorail, walking may have been faster. The monorail will drop you off real close to the restaurant. Walking will take you by the bus stops, front desk and an escalator ride up...

From MK bus stops:

I'd say walking in this case. You're a bunch closer to the resort.

My preferred method? We always walk... It's good exercise and a fantastic way to make room for a meal. We usually just stop at the Contemporary on our way to the Hoop Dee Doo or Trail's End however.

Jared
03-03-2011, 09:11 PM
We almost always walk. It's usually faster and avoids the crowds and waits at the monorail. Use the extra steps as justification for having a little bit more dessert at Chef Mickey's! ;)