PDA

View Full Version : Episode 10 - The Three Amigos

John
02-22-2011, 11:30 PM
The Cast: Melanie Bounds, Ian Mitchell, John Yaglenski

Toontown is RIP
- Melanie was there on the final day - pics are at http://intercot.com/discussion/album.php?albumid=3
- We say goodbye and at the same time look forward to the changes.
- Mickey and Minnie movin’ to Golden Oaks.
- We’re hoping they hide the demolition of Mickey and Minnie’s homes…
- Obligatory Horizons talk - http://horizonsresurrected.com (http://horizonsresurrected.com)

Breaking News - Disney Investor Conference
- It’s a low budget show folks…
- A fast pass for your entire vacation.
- All this broke as we were taping this weeks shows.
- Gut reaction - Mel and Ian think vacations are becoming way too planned and complicated.
- John’s hoping this doesn’t turn you into a themepark commando and that there is some balance
- Getting your key in advance sounds aweful good.
- Art of Animation Resort is confirmed for 2013 - 2000 rooms and 1200 Family Suites.
- On demand entertainment
- Disney stock is up
- Fastpass is polarizing? Really?
- Characters in their element
- Disney Cruise Line
- Mel, Ian and John all want to go visit Cars land at Disneyland

Flower & Garden Festival March 2 - May 15
- Pixar theming to be featured
- Flower Power Concert Series - John can’t resist singing and naming songs - bear with him and please don’t tune out.

ESPN The Weekend
- Mel’s psyched to attend
- The ESPN WWOS Complex
- Braves Spring Training

Expedition Everest is 5 years old
- Passholder Event

Disney Junior

Florida Orange Bird Returns
- Do you remember the Florida orange juice stand & the orange ball shaped drinks?

Disney before I-95 was finished

INTERCOT’s Best Of - Favorite memory traveling to Disney World
- Mel loves to stop at the Florida State Line welcome center and orange juice.
- For Ian, it was always Pedro - you never sausage a place
- Fancy pants Ian flying to Disney World
- Did they get a carport?
- John remembers the Haunted Fort

Sponsor Links:
The Official Ticket Center (http://www.officialticketcenter.com/cgi-bin/store/commerce.cgi?product=tickets&refer=TC21LBC)
Magical Journeys (http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com)

>> Listen Link (http://intercot.com/interactive/insiderlive/2011/episode-10.asp)

mickeyman42
02-23-2011, 04:24 PM
yippy a new episode! something to listen to on my way home or when we head to the world on saturday! look forward to these every time! keep up the great work!

KylesMom
02-24-2011, 03:07 PM
Hey, Ian - quick picking on John's singing. I found it quite amusing. :D

And Mel, John was right about the Marilyn McCoo/Billie Davis Jr song "You Don't Have to be a Star". :) Guess he's proving his radio background pretty good.

That was fun, guys!

Ian
02-24-2011, 03:21 PM
Hey, Ian - quick picking on John's singing. I found it quite amusing. :DAmusing is a very good word for it.

But seriously ... the man has an image to protect. I don't want him embarrassing himself like that in front of thousands of people. ;)

Melanie
02-24-2011, 03:44 PM
And Mel, John was right about the Marilyn McCoo/Billie Davis Jr song "You Don't Have to be a Star". :) Guess he's proving his radio background pretty good.

I know I shouldn't doubt John in that area. ;)

KylesMom
02-24-2011, 04:14 PM
But you were right about one thing - I was jumping up & down in the seat of my car, yelling, "I KNOW this one!" when no one could think of it :D

Like I said, this one was amusing - and highly enjoyable. :thumbsup: Lots of great information and humor! :cool:

Melanie
02-25-2011, 07:36 AM
But you were right about one thing - I was jumping up & down in the seat of my car, yelling, "I KNOW this one!" when no one could think of it :D

LOL! I knew someone would be. ;)

I really enjoyed recording this one, even though it was a little off our normal format.

Ian
02-25-2011, 09:47 AM
I really enjoyed recording this one, even though it was a little off our normal format.Mel .... please ... there's nothing "normal" about our format. ;)

PirateLover
02-26-2011, 11:24 PM
Just wanted to thank you guys for another great episode! Definitely had me laughing a few times while I was out for a jog with my dog. Love this podcast!

ScroogeMcSeymour
02-27-2011, 09:11 PM
Thanks for another great podcast. I always enjoy the "best of" segment. Much like John and Melanie our Disney vacation always starts when we reach the Florida welcome center. Ian, on one trip going south, my nephew read out loud every "Pedro" sign for 200 miles. Thanks goodness he was exhausted on the way north.

Also, Ian, as a DVC member, can you discuss some of the recent changes in resale benefits and your overall experience with DVC. As a family we've stayed at Boardwalk Villas, Hilton Head and Saratoga Springs but still haven't made the plunge to purchase. How did you decide to purchase a share?

Thanks again for the entertaining and informative podcast. Always look forward to it.

Ian
02-28-2011, 09:48 AM
Also, Ian, as a DVC member, can you discuss some of the recent changes in resale benefits and your overall experience with DVC. As a family we've stayed at Boardwalk Villas, Hilton Head and Saratoga Springs but still haven't made the plunge to purchase. How did you decide to purchase a share?This isn't the first time I've been asked to do a segment on DVC ownership, so I'm going to ask John to include this in our next podcast.

Stay tuned!

BrerGnat
02-28-2011, 02:29 PM
Great episode guys!

I'd like to offer up proof that the "under 35" crowd DOES know who Davy Jones is, thanks to the Brady Bunch! Although, admittedly, I *only* knew about Davy Jones because of that episdoe. :blush: The rest of those people you were talking about though...:confused:

We used to drive down to WDW from NJ every couple years when I was a kid. We used to stop at South of the Border every time! One year, we actually purchased a book that contained postcards of ALL the billboards along the way. Those billboards were the only thing that made driving through North and South Carolina tolerable. ;)

Looking forward to the next one!

caryrae
03-01-2011, 04:24 PM
Haven't listened to whole podcast yet (just up to the AoA resort) I am wondering about that part about the FP for the entire vacation, do you think they are time and day specific or maybe open ended fastpasses where you can use then once at any time during the vacation? Otherwise how could anyone plan which ride at what time you want to go on that ride?

princessgirls
03-03-2011, 10:51 AM
I really really enjoyed listening to the podcast today~ closed the door to my office, listened, enjoyed all while getting some work done!!!

I don't want to become a PARK COMMANDO and schedule every second of my vacation with times. Meals ARE HARD enough, but I can justify that because my kids DO WANT to have dinner at O'Hana's and would be disappointed if they couldn't. I'm not going to lie...it can be annoying at times. Over a billion dollars for this roll-out to boot...REALLY??? I would have rather seen some really cool attractions.
I have to say, for every really saavy Disney person, there are 10 who wonder around aimlessly, and complain that they didn't see or do anything. Knowledge is power, and time is money. The sooner you figure that out, the better you will be for it, and YOU will be flying through the attractions! I HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE COMPLAIN about not seeing anything. :thedolls:

Brought back nice memories of my first Disney trip in the 80's with the family. We stayed at the Disney Villa's. My brother had a fit about going on the Jungle Cruise, and my Mom thought the whole trip was just exhausting!! 2 parks...she hasn't been back since! The CM who brought our luggage to our room was named Kurt, and he told my sister and I that we should steer clear of the mini-bar as the prices they were going to charge our parents for a Sprite if we took one was going to be a whole month's allowance!! He put the fear of GOD into us! That was one of my favorite memories of my tween years!!! Eastern Air, brown seats, and mickey wings remember the whole thing well!

THANKS JOHN, MELANIE AND IAN!!! Great podcast! Until the next one...
Julie:mickey:

princessgirls
03-03-2011, 11:15 AM
One last thought...

Disney not known for their wonderful online systems...I mean until mid 2010 their website was one of the least user friendly ones out there!!!

They have made progress and really good changes to their system, as the new dining reservation system ROCKS...HOWEVER...all of those fastpass times...Oh my...

Julie:mickey:

diz_girl
03-09-2011, 01:45 PM
Great episode guys!

I'd like to offer up proof that the "under 35" crowd DOES know who Davy Jones is, thanks to the Brady Bunch! Although, admittedly, I *only* knew about Davy Jones because of that episdoe. :blush: The rest of those people you were talking about though...:confused:

Then you know who Desi Arnaz Jr. is too, right?

John, Ian & Mel - thanks again for another episode. I'm finally catching up on any post-Chrismas episodes. But where's Gary? He's been missing from the past couple of episodes.

Congratulations (belatedly) to Ian on the birth of his baby girls. Totally missed that one when it happened. I knew that you had two kids from when you stayed in the castle suite, but when you started talking about a family of six I got a little confused :confused: for a Podcast or two because I didn't recall seeing an announcement on Intercot. There probably was one and I just spaced due to the sleep deprivation of caring for my own newborn.

The last two episodes really brought me back to my childhood visits at WDW. I too loved the old arcade in the CR. If my parents couldn't find me near them, they just had to look for me at the shooting gallery. I was constantly hitting them up for quarters. Loved the cafeteria there too.

I still drive to WDW, so I still always go by South of the Border. I still recall that OJ stand - the first place I tasted OJ was at a roadside stand during my first trip to WDW. We went to Weekee Wachee and Silver Springs too. Although another big memory for me is eating at Howard Johnson's somewhere on the road from Philly and we'd always order the ice cream and couldn't wait to eat the cookie that came with it. We were really bummed the one year that we went to WDW and ordered the ice cream and they discontinued the cookie.

One small comment about Ep.10 - when mentioning the Flower Power concerts, you mentioned Ricky Nelson. I got confused because he's been dead for many years. But I later found out that it's the Ricky Nelson Experience starring his sons from the band Nelson.

When should we be expecting the next episode?

Melanie
03-09-2011, 02:56 PM
When should we be expecting the next episode?

We are recording tomorrow night and hopefully John will have it edited and out by the weekend.

We miss Gary too, but he'll be back soon. Sometimes it's hard to get all our schedules to mesh.