PDA

View Full Version : Pop handicap rooms

Disney_pups2
02-22-2011, 09:15 PM
Ok, question. Where are the handicap rooms located? I would assume near the bus depot/food court? Thanks a bunch! :mickey:

ransam
02-23-2011, 12:30 AM
i'd like to know the answer to this as well.

Disney_pups2
02-23-2011, 05:10 AM
Ok Ransam, I called today and the lady said that you have to pay the extra to get the actual handicap rooms as they are technically the "preferred" rooms which are near the front by the bus depot/food court.

Pop Centurion
02-23-2011, 06:50 PM
Not all handicap rooms are near the bus stops & Classic Hall. Don't know why but we were placed in a handicap room last year & it was in the 80's (building 7) in the rear which is one of the farthest areas from classic hall.

Disney_pups2
02-23-2011, 08:00 PM
:mickey:Wow... I was unaware, thank you for the updated news :mickey::thumbsup:

Hammer
02-23-2011, 08:09 PM
Yes, handicap rooms are available in many different buildings. Also, as the buildings have elevators, handicap rooms could be on any floor (we have had one on the second floor). If you want a handicap room in a preferred location, that is an additional charge, but you can have a handicap accessible room without it.

disneymom15
02-24-2011, 09:48 AM
We stayed at POP in January.We had requested a king bed. We were given a king bed in a handicap room, building 3 on the 4th floor. We've been given handicap rooms before, but none like this one. This one had a large bathroom with roll in shower area. If I remember right the room number was 3472. We had a view of the bowling pin pool. Only complaint was the door to the room had a big gap (bottom half of the door).

shellyb627
02-24-2011, 01:40 PM
We stayed at pop in August in a handicapped room. My son is handicapped. Travels with a wheelchair. We could not be further away from the food court, car, etc. If you want a preferred room you need to pay for it. They knew I was traveling with a handicapped child, and still stuck us in the boonies!!! You get what you pay for!!

Disney_pups2
02-24-2011, 04:47 PM
We stayed at pop in August in a handicapped room. My son is handicapped. Travels with a wheelchair. We could not be further away from the food court, car, etc. If you want a preferred room you need to pay for it. They knew I was traveling with a handicapped child, and still stuck us in the boonies!!! You get what you pay for!!

Aweee Shelly, I'm sorry honey. I try so hard to understand a CM that would do that to a family knowing the circumstances and it boggles my mind. I can see if they can't do it but not just because they "won't". I am sorry to hear that this happened. Did you call the handicap line before your trip like others have suggested?

Disney_pups2
02-24-2011, 04:49 PM
:mickey:Thank you Disney and Hammer for the thoughts. My son has leg braces and will have a lot of walking to do anyways..lol.. but we will bring our strollers just in case we get stuck somewhere far away from the buses. Thanks for the warning. I was considering renting strollers but not with this info..lol. :thumbsup:

shellyb627
02-25-2011, 09:29 AM
Yes, our room was booked and tagged through the handicapped line! ALl my sons needs were noted in the reservation. We even booked months ahead of time. Oh Well, no biggie, we still had an awesome time, just had to use my muscles a little more!! Next time i know to pay for preferred!! I did not know having never stayed at pop before!! Just wanted others to know that if they want to be close please pay for it and don't expect anything!!!!