PDA

View Full Version : Whatz up with FP??

EeyoresBestFriend
02-22-2011, 05:02 PM
I can't help but wonder with all this focus on FP by WDW exec's ~ Why??

Rather than creating more, separate lines are they not trying to reduce/streamline the ones that they have? All this is doing is creating more lines and longer standby lines.

I may get burned for this but would it not move the lines faster if they got rid of the fast pass? I've always found first thing in the morning before the FP's become active that the lines move just fine, until the Fastpassers start coming in and then it slows right down. :confused:

Don't get me wrong ~ I use the FP when I am there, I'm just not sure that making us book online in advance or making more of them is going to improve the situations.

Thoughts?

BrerGnat
02-22-2011, 05:36 PM
Well, yes and no. I think the FP thing has gotten out of hand. When it was truly for the E-ticket, high capacity rides, it was fine. However, it seems like every other ride has FP, and that sort of defeats the purpose.

As a rule, I think any "omnimover" type ride should NEVER have Fastpass. These rides have a high enough capacity that the FP just gets in the way, and the standby line ends up being overly long.

FP works well on roller coasters, and rides with large vehicle load capacities (like ToT, Dinosaur, Great Movie Ride, etc.)

I think FP is overused, while the SINGLE RIDER line is UNDERUSED at WDW. The Single Rider option is available at MANY rides at Disneyland, and with great success (it's used at Toy Story Mania, CA Screamin, Soarin, Indiana Jones, to name a few). Toy Story Mania at DCA does NOT have Fastpass, but it DOES have Single Rider. The standby line for that ride RARELY goes over 45 min. It hovers around 20 min on average.

They need to re-think WHICH rides offer FP, with this new push to do advanced FP and all the other stuff they are thinking of. I would love to see FP eliminated from about 30% of the rides that currently have it.

gerald72
02-22-2011, 06:11 PM
Lines move faster in the mornings because there are fewer people in the parks.

Elimination of Fastpass would cause Standby to move at exactly the same speed.