PDA

View Full Version : Hawaii flights

disney1122
02-22-2011, 04:20 PM
Are flights to Hawaii generally always really pricey? Interested in family vacation to Disney's new resort, Aulani in summer of 2012...trying to price flights to get an idea and its really high flying from east coast.

UGH!?

NJGIRL
02-22-2011, 06:29 PM
I'm not an expert on this by a long shot but the couple of times I priced a trip from NJ the airfare was very high. Everyone I know that has gone to Hawaii has also paid high fare from the east coast.

BelleBeauty
02-23-2011, 09:15 AM
Typically the best prices you can find from the east coast (we fly out of Newark) are around $700. I was looking a few months out for a trip that we just took last week and found low $700. You might be able to find a deal to LAX and fly from there if you switch carriers.

MarkC
02-23-2011, 02:44 PM
Prices to Hawaii are normally very high. You need to do two things:

1) Check the internet on a daily basis for decent fares, and be prepared to book immediately if you find what you are looking for. Of course the dilema is, do I book airfare to late and then hope to get into DVC, or visa versa and book motel but then can't find airfare.

2) Be willing to drive several hours to a different airport if need be to save some money. I'll consider anything within a 3 hour drive from my house. Good luck.