PDA

View Full Version : Park Capacity

lovinmesomedisney
02-22-2011, 09:58 AM
I have always wondered what the park capacity is at each park. I know when I go to a hockey game here, there is going to be about 20,000 people, a baseball game, approx 50,000, a football game, approximately 80,000. Is there a number Disney uses to close the parks because of capacity? I often wonder how many people are in attendance at a park while I am there.

Strmchsr
02-22-2011, 10:22 AM
Yes, Disney does have a number they go by on when to start phased closing, but they do not release those numbers to the public, nor daily attendance numbers. I know ballpark figures, but not exact since they don't publish those numbers.

lovinmesomedisney
02-22-2011, 11:04 AM
Yes, Disney does have a number they go by on when to start phased closing, but they do not release those numbers to the public, nor daily attendance numbers. I know ballpark figures, but not exact since they don't publish those numbers.

I wonder why that is? Why wouldn't they want that public? Hmmm, interesting. :confused:

Polynesian Dweller
02-22-2011, 11:12 AM
I wonder why that is? Why wouldn't they want that public? Hmmm, interesting. :confused:

Straight forward really. That's business information that the competition could use to help them compete against you. In business you never give the competition anything that might help them unless laws and regulations require it.

DizneyRox
02-22-2011, 11:16 AM
Actual capacity changes all the time based on open attractions, staffing in the restaurants, etc. Same thing at the hotels. They might have 1000 rooms, but only enough staff for 800. So, they could be 100% full even though 20% of the rooms are empty.

Disney doesn't release actual numbers...

bdm@pga
02-22-2011, 11:30 AM
Over the holidays, I was told that the Max Capacity for MK was 85,000..but it gets to about 87,000 till they shut down everything..parking lots etc.