PDA

View Full Version : Renting speed boats

Luv4WDW
02-21-2011, 10:11 AM
Does anybody know what the current rate is for renting the individual speed boats on the 7 seas lagoon? We're looking to rent them at the GF in May. :mickey:

buzznwoodysmom
02-21-2011, 10:22 AM
The last time we rented them was last June. The prices at that time were around $30 for 30 minutes. This was the second time we rented them and the prices were the same as about a year earlier.

Dream'nDisney
02-21-2011, 12:47 PM
Is this a boat that more than 2 people can sit in?

buzznwoodysmom
02-21-2011, 01:59 PM
Is this a boat that more than 2 people can sit in?

The rates I stated in my post were for the two seater boats.

RBrooksC
02-21-2011, 02:26 PM
I did that back in 2007. That was amazing. I guess I enjoyed it most because of the freedom you felt. Usually passage on those lakes is controlled by Disney. So, to be able to get close to Discovery Island, River Country, MK and the Monorail resorts is fantastic. I also love to get behind the large Disney boats and jump the wake.

Funny story, when I was there, they had a computer issue and it needed to be rebooted. Rebooting would erase my bill but they couldn't process my bill because it needed a reboot, so my time in the boat was "free."

Dream'nDisney
02-21-2011, 03:09 PM
they had a computer issue and it needed to be rebooted. Rebooting would erase my bill but they couldn't process my bill because it needed a reboot, so my time in the boat was "free."

Gotta love technology! :D

ransam
02-22-2011, 01:07 AM
can anyone rent these? even if you're not staying at the resort?

MarkC
02-22-2011, 11:52 AM
Anyone can rent them. I believe you have to be around 16 and show a license to rent them on your own. We have and they are fun, but they don't exactly speed around either. It is a very leisurely pace, but you can get views of the MK and Contemporary that you will never get anywhere else.

buzznwoodysmom
02-22-2011, 11:58 AM
Yes, you can rent them even if not staying at the resort. We've rented them twice, once from the Poly while staying there, once from GF when we were not staying there.

Disney4us2
02-22-2011, 12:22 PM
What about the larger pontoon boats? Are they able to hold 4 people?

buzznwoodysmom
02-22-2011, 02:18 PM

We've never rented the pontoon boats in WDW, but we have rented them at other desinations. Typically the ones we've rented could have fit something like 8-12 people, depending on the size. I definitely think you'll be fine fitting 4 people. We are actually thinking about renting a pontoon boat for the 4 of us on our upcoming trip instead of our usual 2 seater boats, just to try something different in WDW. We'll be there from March 3-12. If we rent the pontoon boat I'll post here, or PM you if you'd like, to let you know of our experience with them.

Disney4us2
02-22-2011, 03:17 PM
We've never rented the pontoon boats in WDW, but we have rented them at other desinations. Typically the ones we've rented could have fit something like 8-12 people, depending on the size. I definitely think you'll be fine fitting 4 people. We are actually thinking about renting a pontoon boat for the 4 of us on our upcoming trip instead of our usual 2 seater boats, just to try something different in WDW. We'll be there from March 3-12. If we rent the pontoon boat I'll post here, or PM you if you'd like, to let you know of our experience with them.

That would be great:thumbsup: Thanks:mickey:

beksy
02-28-2011, 12:29 PM

We rented one of these on our last trip and had a great time. There were 3 adults and we didn't take up even half the seats. It was a great way to take photos and one of the highlights of our trip.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
03-02-2011, 12:03 PM
You can also rent the SeaRacers at Port Orleans, along with the Pontoon boats and Boston Whalers. You can take them from Port Orleans all the way to Dowtown Disney and Back.

I'm pretty certain that the mx capacity for the SeaRacer is 2, and if I recall what the cast member told me, they top out at about 7 mph (very regulated).

If I recall correctly, if you book a Magic Your Way package you get a coupon booklet. I think they have a SeaRacer coupon, I think 30 free minutes if you book an hour, something like that.

They look fun, but it definitely isn't a thrill ride, it's a leisure ride.

Going2HeavenRU
03-17-2011, 08:25 PM
Where is the easiest, most convenient place to rent these 2 seaters? We are wanting to do them this year ourselves but never could see where to go to rent them.

mjm12000
03-23-2011, 11:54 AM
I rent the little sea racer boats each time we go and we always rent them at the contemporary resort, as it is easy to get there and they always have lots of boats to rent. You can then do the seven seas lagoon as well as bay lake. The cost is from what I recall about $30 for 30minutes. it is always one of my favorite things to do in the middle of the afternoon, take a break from the Magic Kingdom, walk over to the Contemporary Resort and go for a boat ride for a bit then back to the Magic Kingdom.