PDA

View Full Version : Lights, Motors, Action!......Accidents

disneyboundagain
02-20-2011, 08:20 PM
This is now DS5's favorite attraction in all of Disney! We did it twice this past week, probably about 5-6 times since it started. During our second show last week two cars hit in the very first scene. It didn't seem like they hit that hard, but it was hard enough to cause the red car to leak fluid all the way across the track. We had a 20 minute intermission while they cleaned the track and prepped the back-up red car. Oddly enough, there was a second incident the same show. When the red car lands on the air bag, it landed real hard nose first and damaged the front end and broke part of the hood off. Anyway, I started to wonder how often incidents like this happen. Has anyone else has similar experiences?

brownie
02-20-2011, 09:11 PM
I've only seen it once and didn't witness any collisions. There's going to be a certain number of incidents, however small, in an attraction like this.

retiredfigment
02-20-2011, 09:20 PM
Maybe the rookies were doing the act while all the pros were at Daytona. LOL

NewDVCowner
02-21-2011, 11:47 AM
The first, and only, time I saw it, at the end when the two cars were doing the jump towards the stands, the second car missed the raised ramp and got high centered on it. The crew was fiddiling around with it as they lowered the ramp and the audience exited. I thought at the time that it was lucky it wasn't the first car that got stuck with the second right behind it.

Buttercup
02-21-2011, 11:50 AM
You know, I was there last week as well, and was wondering the same thing! I've seen the show dozens of times, and have never witnessed a crash (although I was pretty sure they must happen from time to time). The only thing I've ever seen is that the guy sliding through the fire didn't catch fire... and one time the ramp at the end wouldn't rise so the red car just screeched to a halt and there was no big explosion. It was kind-of an anti-climactic ending!

ransam
02-22-2011, 12:51 AM
I like the show a lot, i like how the explained how things went.

Skippy
02-22-2011, 07:03 AM
I've seen the motorcycle go into the van a little too hard. Although trying to appear in character, you could tell the van driver was concerned and was trying to check on the motorcyclist. He seemed stunned for a second, then got up and walked the bike off. The crew took a moment, reset and started again.

The cars take quite a beating, as it's the nature of the show. If you get a chance to get a closer look, perhaps at the end when leaving out the left, you can see the cars aren't as shiny and new-looking as they seem from the stands.

They also warm up an extra hero car and an extra villain car before each show in case of incidents.

TinkerbellT421
02-22-2011, 08:38 AM
We love that show. We have seen it twice. This past trip in January when we saw it, it wasn't a collision accident, but in the middle of a stunt the exhaust fell right off the car lol!

Im actually surprised there aren't more accidents they due stunts that involve being within inches of going bad if they make the wrong move!! Im just glad none of the actors have been hurt!