PDA

View Full Version : Saratoga Springs?

Pocahontas
02-20-2011, 11:17 AM
Has anyone stayed at a villa at Saratoga Springs? Would love any input I can get.

Thanks!

JenniferS.
02-20-2011, 12:25 PM
I was just checking that resort also. It was cheaper to stay there in a 2 bedroom villa than to stay at the Contemporary w/ MK view. I would also love some input. It looks pretty nice.

GAN
02-20-2011, 02:31 PM
It's a very nice resort -a little different than the hotel style DVC resorts with it's outdoor hallways(condo style?). I haven't stayed in a Villa, but have stayed in a 2-bed and it was great. The resort is spread out so I suggest you take a look at a map to decide which area suits your style. We stayed in Congress Park and liked the fact that we could walk to Downtown Disney in 5-10mins, it was a short(200yd) walk to the Main Building with the restaurants, and that we had a quiet pool(basically to ourselves). The Main Pool is very nice also, but there are a lot of young children and my kids were early teens at the time and preferred to have a nice pool that was not crowded at all. Bus transport from there was always good when we stayed -nothing more than 15mins to any park. Good Luck!

princessjojo
02-20-2011, 04:28 PM
We've stayed there several times and have had only one or two issues, but with some time and patience they were resolved. We always stay in the 2br villas and have plenty of space for the four of us. As mentioned previously, it's not like your typical Disney Resort, and the theming is less Disney-like but it's still nice. We enjoy it there, request our room/villa near the main pool and main building for convenience and our request has always been honored. Bus service is ok, but when you accept it for it's size, service is not too shabby. We're staying there again in June, and did consider staying elsewhere, but for the points cost, it was our best value. We also like being close to DDT as well since we do like to spend some time there in the evenings. Many don't like it for whatever reasons, usually because it's so large and spread out and the main building and pool arent always near by, but with logistics, it's easily overcome.

TheRustyScupper
02-20-2011, 07:44 PM
1) Negatives
. . . all the buildings are the same (except for the cupola)
. . . the resort is spread out
. . . the QS food eatery is bland
. . . the only TS eatery is Turf Club Lounge
. . . the buses fill up quickly during rush hours

2) Positives
. . . walking distance to Downtown Disney
. . . newer
. . . most CM's are eager to please
. . . there are 36 Grand Villas for large families

thumperbug
02-26-2011, 07:34 PM
SSR is my home resort. In previous years I had been spoiled at how easy it once was to stay at other DVC resorts with no problem. I actually never stayed at SSR until around 3 years ago and have stayed there 3 times since. As mentioned it is not your typical Disney resort but it is a quiet resort and very relaxing after a crazy day at the parks. I like that each section has their own pool area plus the main pool area is pretty good. I always request to stay in the Grandstand section. It is very close to the main building and is also the first bus stop for pick ups. While the bus does need to stop at the oterh sections in the resort it does move fast and the ride to all the parks is not as long as some would have you believe. I do agree that the QS food choices are limited and not to the liking of most but we usually have a 1 bedroom villa so we have the full kitchen and do some cooking there. I did notice that the 1 bedroom villas are smaller than in some of the other DVC resorts but if sleeping and showering are primarily what you need in a place to stay you can't go wrong with SSR.

BellesRose
02-26-2011, 09:09 PM
Love love love Saratoga! You just can't beat the prices!! Plus, being newer, they seem to be cleaner than most of the other resorts. I've stayed in a Studio, a 1-bedroom, and a 2-bedroom. The studio was too small for my family (4 adults) but if I would ever go with just one other person, it would be just fine! I loved going to Downtown Disney every night. We sleep in, eat breakfast from our kitchen that we stocked with snacks, get to the parks after lunch, and leave before dinner! We don't care for fireworks or parades. After dinner, it's nice to come back to a big room and chill a bit and then take a boat to DTD. Yup, we definitely keep things low-key! Ahh, I will miss it!!

jimsgal05
02-28-2011, 10:09 AM
we stayed 2009 LOVED IT...going to DTD was just a nice boat ride... the pools were great food there was good too. The QS had healthier food... so loved that!!! busses ran fine too to all the parks..MK takes a bit of time so plan accordingly... I would say yes for a family of 4..So loved the washer and dryer in the "room".. and diswasher!!! cleaning service was good too made cute towle animals for us...

We are trying Poly this time just for the view... But I plan to go back to SS again~~~