PDA

View Full Version : Anybody notice IASM?

Buttercup
02-20-2011, 10:57 AM
I just got back from WDW yesterday :cloud9: and I wondered if this was a new thing, or if it's been going on for a while and never discussed...
Has anyone noticed that the loading of IASM is completely backwards now?
You enter through the old "exit", down the ramp at the back of the attraction (where previously only wheelchairs were loaded and the rest of us exited)... and the exit is now where the old queue used to be.
I sat in Pinocchio's Village Haus the other day overlooking the attraction and noticed it. When did this change? Is it permanent? It sort-of makes more sense because then the majority of the lineup is indoors and there's less of a need for rope-lineups outside of the attraction when it's busy.
:mickey:

ransam
02-20-2011, 11:29 AM
i will be there soon. interesting to see how that works.

Suzi Q
02-20-2011, 11:53 AM
We were there in November and it was that way then, it was fine, I liked it.

disneymom15
02-20-2011, 01:57 PM
First thought is that it seems quite different, & how is that going to work. But, it actually worked very well.

mickeys_princess_mom
02-20-2011, 01:58 PM
I was shocked to see this. Another change--I'm not good with them at WDW.:blush: I don't know if it works better or not, but it wasn't a problem--just a surprise.

HoosierDisneyFan
02-20-2011, 05:52 PM
When I was at Disney in Dec I thought something was different. No big deal...the ride is exactly the same.

faline
02-20-2011, 06:31 PM
The change in loading was announced a while ago but I experienced it for the first time on our trip last week. It does feel a bit backward - partly because the loading has always gone the other way in all my years of going to Disney and partly because it now feels as though you no longer have the big clock to look at as you stand in line and, on the way out, you are just rushing past it to get out of the ride.

johnO
02-20-2011, 06:37 PM
We experienced it in October. It worked fine. They did it to make it easier for disabled loading and unloading.

brownie
02-20-2011, 09:13 PM
That's what was different when we rode it on our last trip!