PDA

View Full Version : Something I've always wanted

ransam
02-19-2011, 02:48 PM
Why is there really nothing in WDW or Disneyland involving Jungle Book or Bambi?
Seems to me, especially in AK those movies would be taylored made? Maybe Bambi's petting zoo.....a jungle book dark ride where you go on an adventure w/ the characters...

johnO
02-19-2011, 04:06 PM
good question

Mousemates
02-19-2011, 04:36 PM
don't you kind of think that Bambi's mom being shot and killed would make the telling of the story in a ride a little too dark (even for a dark ride).

ransam
02-19-2011, 05:29 PM
don't you kind of think that Bambi's mom being shot and killed would make the telling of the story in a ride a little too dark (even for a dark ride).

i never said Bambi should be a dark ride. I thought Jungle book would be a good dark ride...I think Bambi would be a good theme for a petting zoo.

Figment!
02-19-2011, 05:32 PM
When Animal Kingdom opened, there was the Journey into the Jungle Book show at the Theater in the Wild.

It closed in April 1999 and was replaced by Tarzan Rocks!.

lovinmesomedisney
02-19-2011, 06:09 PM

Nemo's mom died and there is still a Nemo show. So many Disney movies have death. Lion King, Bambi, Nemo, Tarzan, seriously the list goes on. They don't have to show the death to make a ride. I think it's a great idea.

Disney4us2
02-19-2011, 06:26 PM
My DD would love a Bambi themed attraction/petting zoo area. Bambi is one of her favorite animal characters.

ransam
02-23-2011, 12:29 AM
i really wish i would have seen the Jungle book show...do you guys have any information on it? what was it like?

JPL
02-23-2011, 10:33 AM
I really enjoyed the Jungle Book show when I first saw it. It was good retelling of the story. I used to have it on video but not sure if I still do.

Patricia
02-23-2011, 11:06 AM
I really liked the Jungle Book Stage show too, was glad I got to see it when my kids were young. Some of the characters from this show can still be seen around the parks and in the Jammin' Jungle parade.

I'm sure you can find video clips on the internet.

Figment!
02-23-2011, 11:58 AM
...do you guys have any information on it? what was it like?If you search for "Journey into the Jungle Book" in a search engine of your choice, you should be able to find a few pages describing the show and video of segments.

Mousemates
02-23-2011, 12:50 PM
Nemo's mom died and there is still a Nemo show. So many Disney movies have death. Lion King, Bambi, Nemo, Tarzan, seriously the list goes on. They don't have to show the death to make a ride. I think it's a great idea.

By the way, the reality of it is that I am not saying that I am for or against it...or even that its not a great idea....the question of the poster was "why" and not "do you think it would be a good idea"...what I "seriously" attempted to do was actually offer a possible answer to the question itself.

Why is there really nothing in WDW or Disneyland involving Jungle Book or Bambi?

The fantasyland rides (and that is where Bambi best fits into the thematic structure of the parks) are generally associated with classic disney tales and usually are story based rides...(Pan/SnowWhite/Pooh)...and thus far disney has chosen not to tell those kinds of stories (where the death of the parent is so emotionally draining) there in a ride fashion...and I can't help but think that is at least partly the reason why.

Just saying.

giroux28
02-23-2011, 12:54 PM

Slightly off the overall topic of the thread but something that needs to be mentioned overall. There is a lot of death and sadness in Disney movies. Heck, sequels aside (And for some reason, with the exception of 101 Dalmations) there are no Disney/Pixar movies that I can recall in which the main character has both parents for the entirety of the movie. Not saying this makes all of them sad, but it just shows that there are no truly happy movies in the bunch. Does not mean we still can't celebrate and love them in the parks.

Bambi's petting zoo would be excellent for little ones. I would also love to see a pride rock/badlands play area or something dealing with Lion King or Aladdin that is on a greater scale.

Ian
02-24-2011, 08:48 AM
This is a question I ask myself over and over again about Disney. Why do they ignore their own classic characters and continually go out into left field to bring in external entities like Star Wars, Marvel, Power Rangers, Indiana Jones, etc.

If you think of the classic properties of theirs that have little-to-no presence in their theme parks it's pretty amazing.

giroux28
02-24-2011, 11:10 AM
This is a question I ask myself over and over again about Disney. Why do they ignore their own classic characters and continually go out into left field to bring in external entities like Star Wars, Marvel, Power Rangers, Indiana Jones, etc.

If you think of the classic properties of theirs that have little-to-no presence in their theme parks it's pretty amazing.

Exactly. For some reason, I don't think the powers that be grasp the concept that those movies and characters are what make people fall in love with Disney. I've never once watched Star Wars or Indiana Jones and said to myself, "Man, I would love to see that at a Disney park." It has always been watching Lion King saying, why can't I get this at the parks? Or that always rumored and hoped for Monsters doors ride. WDW seems to enjoy doing what the government does, a proverbial outsourcing.