PDA

View Full Version : Your First Attraction Ever °o°

Captain_Nemo
02-19-2011, 02:21 PM
Do you remember the first attraction you went on the very first time to Walt Disney World? I was just thinking about this watching some extinct attraction videos.

What was your very first attraction you experienced your first trip the WDW?

I remember going to Tomorrowland first so mine was

Delta Dream Flight

then TTA :mickey:

ransam
02-19-2011, 02:30 PM
not sure it was my first, but the first ride i remember is 2000 Leagues Under The Sea...

Awesome_guy
02-19-2011, 02:48 PM
This made me think a little.

My first DISNEY attraction was PotC, but alas... that was at DL.

My first WDW park, for my first visit in 2001, was DHS (MGM at the time), and I don't know which ride we did first. RnR or ToT ... maybe even the Great Movie Ride after getting FP times for the other two?? I wonder if any of us remember??

Interesting question!! =)

princessjojo
02-19-2011, 02:51 PM
I can't remember what our actual first ride was, but the first ride I remember was Space Mountain. It was so funny because my next youngest sister was so skinny she was afraid she was going to fall out and my mom had to assure her over and over she would be ok...

Mousemates
02-19-2011, 02:52 PM
I think it was Peter Pan.......but that was a long, long time ago :blush:.

Narawen
02-19-2011, 02:58 PM
I can't remember my first ride but the ones I remember from my first trip are Mr. Toad (because I was scared of it) and Peter Pan.

akaDisneyDreamer
02-19-2011, 03:03 PM
Until last week, I had thought my first ride was Spash Mountain ... :blush:... but it didn't even exist when I went in the early 80's, so ... I'll have to say Big Thunder Railroad or It's a Small World. :mickey:

jlmct52
02-19-2011, 03:40 PM
Wow! This question sure brings back the memories!:mickey:

My very first trip to Walt Disney World was in November of 1971 when I was 19. I remember walking down Main Street and veering left before the Cinderella Castle and going over into Adventureland and enjoying my very first Walt Disney World attraction....Jungle Cruise.

johnO
02-19-2011, 04:11 PM
Not sure. Something in DL, a long time ago.

joonyer
02-19-2011, 05:32 PM
The first attraction I experienced was the Circle Vision 360 theater (the building where Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor is now) . The film was "America the Beautiful", I can remember losing my balance (you stood in the theater, with rails to lean or hold on to) from the "movement" of the film action. It was cool!

lovinmesomedisney
02-19-2011, 07:37 PM
The first time I went to DW was after I had my own kids, so we headed directly to It's A Small World, and proceeded to do all things Fantasy Land! :mickey:

disneymom2000
02-19-2011, 09:44 PM
It was the railroad. We decided to check out the surroundings before committing to a specific direction. We were so amazed by the whole place.

darthmacho
02-20-2011, 02:35 AM
It's easy to remember the my first ever WDW attraction, because I was 27yo and it was my honeymoon, and we rode Space Mountain at MK during EMH. That's something I'll always remember fondly. :mickey:

sainter
02-20-2011, 09:54 AM
Our very first attraction was Honey I Shrunk the Audience. I remember the mice under the seats scared my daughter and she wanted to sit with her legs curled up under her in the next several rides and attractions! :funny:

EvilQueen2006
02-20-2011, 11:54 AM
Space Mountain!!!!

Suzi Q
02-20-2011, 12:00 PM
My very first trip was in 1971 or 1972...I was about 5 or 6 years old. I remember the teacups and watching my red Mickey Mouse balloon float to the top of the Contemporary!

iluvdumbo
02-20-2011, 06:31 PM
My first was probably it's a small world. Love that ride!

MongoMil
02-20-2011, 06:54 PM
I was only 2 when I went for the first time so I don't remember the first one. :) The first ride I remember wasn't much of a ride the Gondalas. I remember looking out over the racetrack and seeing the animals they had at the time.

Mendelson
02-21-2011, 01:53 PM
Twenty-five years ago or so was my first trip, and we walked straight back into Fantasyland and got right on Snow White (something I did with my own daughter on her first trip, just because). At the time, my sister was 4 and, as for so many other children, the ride scared her tremendously (great start to a WDW vacation)!

We only later realized the ride is supposed to put you in Snow White's seat, from her perspective. Regardless, I have a soft spot for that ride, since it was the first!

darthmacho
02-22-2011, 10:48 AM
I neglected to mention that my DDs first WDW attraction was Dumbo, although DD1 rode it when she was just 2, back in 2003, and DD2 rode it with her at age 6 (DD1, now age 9) this past summer of 2010. :mickey:
It really meant a lot to them to ride it together. :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-22-2011, 10:54 AM
Was in 2003 and we went to DHS first...It was Great Movie Ride

beksy
02-22-2011, 11:47 AM
This was back in 1985 and I was 3 at the time but the first ride I remember going on was Dumbo. Actually that is the only ride I really remember from that trip but I'm sure we went on others! ;)

brad192
02-22-2011, 04:06 PM
Small World, Christmas Day, 1971.:mickey:

It's also the first ride I do every trip. Missed it just once, when it was in refurb.:)

RavsRuleDisney!
02-22-2011, 06:22 PM
the first one i remember was tomorrowland speedway - seemed pretty fast back then! :car:

Pop Centurion
02-23-2011, 06:21 PM
If I remember correctly it was Timekeeper in '99

EpcotFan182
02-24-2011, 08:16 AM
I'm pretty sure mine was Peter Pan's Flight :mickey:

whitney37354
02-28-2011, 01:01 PM
I don't remember my first ride, but do remember on my first trip: 20,000 Leagues, Space Mt., Liberty Belle, Teacups, IASW, Tomorrowland Speedway. The only think I remember from EPCOT is France, Canada, Kitchen Kabaret, & the fountains. There was no DHS or AK in 1986.

DD's first ride was the carousel. We let her pick the rides the first night, and we just rode things as we came to them and kept taking a right. We did Fantasy Land & Tommorow Land on Saturday night. Sunday we did Adventure Land, Frontier Land, & Liberty Square.

DH's first ride was probably Snow White's Adventure, as his & DD's first trips were the same.

kemps@wdw
02-28-2011, 09:50 PM
My 1st visit to the World was in 1974. And the one thing I remember above all was not really an attraction, but it was walking down Main St and seeing the "flower market". The variety and color of all the flowers was absolutely stunning! It reminded me of the musical, "My Fair Lady" (one of my faves). I remember strolling among all the flower carts and humming the "wouldn't it be lovely" tune to myself. Even after 36 yrs, WDW still has that effect on us!

javamama
03-01-2011, 08:33 PM
That was 32 years this upcoming trip, I have no idea what was the first ride.....I remember riding SM alone and my dad feeling my shoulder to make sure I didn't fall out! I remember the "cable cars" as we called them when was a kid, my dad hated taking my sister and I on those(my mom was pregnant on this trip). And of course SW, my nonnie's favorite ride. It was everyones first trip back then in 1979.

My kids first trip was the train, in 2007....that I know I'll remember!

pamickeys
03-02-2011, 03:34 PM
Space Mountain

ryca1dreams
03-04-2011, 10:03 AM
Mine was "If You Had Wings" mainly because it had a short moving line and required no ticket. Space Mounatin was next but it needed an E ticket and had a 90 minute line (really).

dumbo ears
03-04-2011, 07:49 PM
mine wasnt that long ago lol i think it was in 04 and it was mickey's philharmagic. but the thing that really hooked me was my 2nd ride the haunted mansion. i was on a tour so i was able to go into the actual ride and stood below in the ballroom scene. now it is my favorite ride and i ride it mutiple times each trip. my record is 10 in one day

crazygoalie39
03-06-2011, 04:13 PM
Wow! This question sure brings back the memories!:mickey:

My very first trip to Walt Disney World was in November of 1971 when I was 19. I remember walking down Main Street and veering left before the Cinderella Castle and going over into Adventureland and enjoying my very first Walt Disney World attraction....Jungle Cruise.

Same here!! Only it was in April of 2007 and I was 16. :mickey:

Captain_Nemo
03-10-2011, 06:32 PM
i was on a tour so i was able to go into the actual ride and stood below in the ballroom scene.

What tour was that?

Disney4us2
03-10-2011, 07:04 PM
Our first WDW trip was in 2005. Hopped the first bus that came and ended up at Epcot. Spaceship Earth was our first attraction. I have no idea what my first attraction was at Disneyland back in 1970.

Janmac
03-11-2011, 11:29 AM
I've been trying to recall our first Disney World trip, back in 1974 but all I have memories of are standing somewhere in Magic Kingdom, it was hot, the kids were all hollering I want to see [whatever - but it was all different] and I finally realized I had the map upside down. :blush:

But . . . I did go on Carousel of Progress at the World's Fair in New York.

Does that count as my first attraction? :D

Jan

#1donaldfan
03-11-2011, 11:41 AM
not sure it was my first, but the first ride i remember is 2000 Leagues Under The Sea...

....me too, or maybe Pirates of the Carribean

Disney-4-Me
03-11-2011, 05:58 PM
I think my first WDW ride was the WEDway People Mover (TTA now for you youngsters!:blush:). We liked to ride that first so we got an awesome view of everything in Tomorrowland.

I KNOW my first ride at Disneyland was the Matterhorn though because it was also my first roller coaster! Gotta love it!

I also remember riding in the Flying Saucers with my grandma at Disneyland.:cloud9:

PrettyMinnie
03-11-2011, 10:18 PM
I can remember riding the tea cups on my first trip (3 years old). I have pictures to prove it. :mickey: Gotta love the first WDW ride!!

Kaps
03-12-2011, 05:22 PM
20,000 leagues under the sea. Not sure if it was my first but i do have good memories of it!!

wdwaggie
03-16-2011, 01:23 PM
My first WDW attraction was POTC...we made our first trip to WDW in 1984 and my parents were clueless to say the least about the wait-times, lines, heat, etc...but THANK GOD they took us. We ended up getting in line by accident (my Mom thought it was just a cold place to wait in the heat) and waiting what literally seemed like an eternity and then once we got far enough in the queue to see the boats, I'll never forget my Mom screaming when we went down the first little drop..."dead men tell, no tales...". Thanks WDW for keeling me young at heart!

buzznwoodysmom
03-16-2011, 05:26 PM
The first WDW park I visited was Epcot, and my very first ride was Spaceship Earth. And that was the year the castle was a giant cake! I'll never forget that big, pink cake!

dking2002
03-16-2011, 05:32 PM
My first trip ever to DW, I was 10 weeks pregnant, so no Space Mountain for my first park ever. My first attraction was Pirates of the Carribean, which is still the first one our family does when we arrive at MK! (The "baby" is now 14, and has been 10 other times in addition to the trip he made literally with me.)

DANAM
03-17-2011, 01:17 PM
I can't remember my first but the first with my kid's was Pirates of the Caribbean. During the remodel they were opened for a couple days/weeks and the first day of our trip was the last day they would be open. We didn't arrive to the MK until later in the evening so we ran to Pirates to catch it before it was closed for remodel for the rest of our trip.

GreatMarch
03-21-2011, 06:14 PM
My first trip to WDW was in 1973 as an "arm baby" and my Mother told me about riding the Jungle Cruise. That was the only thing she took me on to ride in that 1st trip. She said that my eyes were so big in astonishment and I guess I became a WDW fan that day without even knowing it.

SelfmadeWade
03-22-2011, 12:14 PM
Pirates - the Deppless version!

EJS-Houston
03-22-2011, 05:45 PM
I was 12 years old on my first trip in 1972, and I honestly don't remember which ride was the very first...but it may have been The Haunted Mansion, which remains my favorite ride in The Magic Kingdom to this day. My very first ride was most likely something like the Carousel, or The Teacups or The Flying Dumbos, as those would have been the first rides we came to upon entering.

MrPeetrie
03-23-2011, 09:11 AM
The first Disney ride I had ever ridden was It's A Small World in the 1964 World's Fair. I was only 3 and don't remember it, but my mom said I loved it.

In 1975, we went to Disneyland. Prior to going there, we had only been to Kennywood, in Pittsburgh, and Cedar Point. Our first ride was Pirates of the Caribbean. WOW!!!!! There was NOTHING (and still is nothing) like that in Kennywood. I was blown away with the audioanimatronics. All Kennywood had was pop-up puppets. We talked about the hair on the pirate's dangling leg being so lifelike. "How'd they do that?" The next ride was the Haunted Mansion. Unbelievable!!! I gawked at the stretching room. And there was nothing ANYWHERE like the ballroom scene. That had us talking about it for hours. I truly thought these designers were magicians. Simply amazing. I couldn't wait to get back home and tell my friends what they have in California (and what we don't have in Pittsburgh).

The other thing that blew me away was how well the lines were handled. Bear in mind, back then things weren't very ADA compliant. So there was very little (if any) slowing down the line to assist those with difficulties. No matter how long the lines were, they moved quickly. Very quickly. Non-stop movement. I had never before seen Disney's omni-mover technology, which has you loading into your vehicle on a moving platform. On the plane ride home, I think we talked more about that than the park.

So in addition to being blown away by those two attractions, I was blown away from the queue technology. I just thought Disney was amazing!!! Still do!

:number1: :number1: :number1:

mjm12000
03-23-2011, 12:26 PM
My First Ride at Walt Disney World was Space Mountain, it was also my first Ride at Disneyland.

MrPeetrie
03-23-2011, 09:06 PM
I forgot to mention, in 1975 Disneyland didn't have FastPasses, which also quickened the standby lines. My recollection back then is lines flew by.