PDA

View Full Version : Do we have ANY options?

phlo8810
02-18-2011, 07:28 PM
OK so my wife and I go to wdw during the spring every year. Then in the fall we take the kids and grandparents. So this year we find out that the wife is pregnant due in september. so the fall trip is out. We are trying to book BWV, BCV or BLT for may to take everyone. Problem is the only 2 bedroom villas available are OKW and SSR. We really dont want to stay at either of these. My father uses one of those electric scooter thingys because he cant walk and he hates taking buses anywhere (I dont blame him). Is there any options other than waitlisting at those resorts? Do you think a waitlist for a 2bedroom villa will come through? I'm really trying to exhaust every option before giving up on going this year. Should we call our sales rep to see if she can help? I know there are rooms at the boardwalk because I tried to book with cash online and got a room. PLEASE GIVE ME GOOD NEWS!!! Don't think I can handle not going for 2 years.

Hammer
02-19-2011, 08:45 AM
Honestly, you do not have many choices if you do not want to stay at OKW or SSR. Only thing I can think of is possibly booking a 1 bedroom and a 1 studio.

Also, just because they have 2 bedrooms available for cash does not mean they will become available for members. By law they have to have a certain percentage of DVC rooms available for non-members to purchase. It is the same at all Orlando timeshares, as I know people can pay to stay at a place like Orange Lake as well.

tundramom
02-19-2011, 12:19 PM
So, if the bus/ECV thing is the issue...you stay at BWV or BCV and only go to EPCOT or HS? or BLT and only do MK or EPCOT? Because either way to get to other parks he's taking the bus, right? We stayed at SSR with my DSIL on an ECV and it wasn't any more of an issue than any other trip. I have found that at least 33% of our bus rides involve loading someone on something, may as well be you. Granted SSR and OKW is all buses, but is it really that much different waiting for the boat ramp or monorail ramp?

lovin'fl
02-20-2011, 04:26 PM
We love OKW and had our inlaws stay there this past January. We booked a 1BR near the hospitality house and asked to get it on the first floor because my MIL has bad knees. They got a first floor room right across the street from the HH and bus stop. They loved it and rave about it all the time. We are going with them for Christmas and I booked us all a 2BR near the HH again and also requested a first floor. I booked SIL and her DH and DD in a studio that is linked to us so they will know to keep us close together. I say go for OKW, the rooms are way bigger and very spacious and well laid out. Just request near the HH and on the first floor.

MinnieMommie
02-20-2011, 05:05 PM
The one thing you might consider if you end up staying at SSR or OKW is to rent a car. That will def make your excursions back and forth to the parks easier. I've stayed both with and without a car and the car is much easier. :mickey:

phlo8810
02-22-2011, 06:47 PM
Thanks. We have given renting a car a thought but I still dont think my dad wants to go for it. When we take the kids out to the parks he likes to just hang out at the BW and take a ride to epcot. There is nothing for him to do at OKW and SSR, which is why he loves the BW area. Hopefully our waitlist comes through or no disney for us this year :(

MinnieMommie
02-23-2011, 06:37 AM
Thanks. We have given renting a car a thought but I still dont think my dad wants to go for it. When we take the kids out to the parks he likes to just hang out at the BW and take a ride to epcot. There is nothing for him to do at OKW and SSR, which is why he loves the BW area. Hopefully our waitlist comes through or no disney for us this year :(

Boardwalk would really be ideal for your dad I totally agree. One thing to consider is that there will be a lot for him to do and watch and to keep him occupied at DD on days you are at the park with your kids and he wants to hang out.

If you stay at Congress at SSR he will be able to take his electric vehicle to go to DD. I haven't found the walk from Congress to DD to be any more burdensome than the walk from BC to the Boardwalk area. Just a thought. Hoping you will be able to make your trip and that everyone will be happy. :mickey: