PDA

View Full Version : Having one of those "longing for Disney" days!

laprana
02-18-2011, 12:06 PM
I'm having one of those days when I'd give my left arm to be in WDW right now! They just hit me randomly every now and then. Although I'd love to be there every day, some days the longing is stronger than others!

I think there are a few factors as to why it hit me today:

1) We're 99 days from our May trip as of today! Being in the double digits makes the trip seem closer, but it also still seems like a really long time to wait.

2) The weather here has been beautiful the last few days with temps in the 60s and 70s - a wonderful break from the freezing cold, snow, and ice we've had this winter. Since we always go to WDW in May, spring weather always triggers an excitement in me that our trip is getting close!

3) I'm sitting at work with my iPod playing on shuffle, and so far today it has picked about 10 different Disney park songs. Right now it's playing Splash Mountain Medley. :pout: Every time one of those songs comes on, I close my eyes for just a second and picture that I'm wherever that song is from.

I know it seems silly, but I just really, really want to be at WDW! :blush: Does anyone else have days like this, or am I just completely obsessed and a little nutso? :crazy:

jlmct52
02-18-2011, 01:09 PM
You're definitely not alone.....I'm having one of those days too. In fact, I'll bet there are thousands out there right now who will be joining us!:mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-18-2011, 01:21 PM
I have them daily:mickey:

Gregandmel
02-18-2011, 01:30 PM
You are certainly not alone! Being at Disney, thinking about Disney, planning a trip to Disney.....all those things put me in my "Happy Place". It truly has the ability to transport me to a place where nothing else can! We can't afford to go as much as I'd like - we have plenty of bills, a kid in college, house repairs that need tending to........but just yesterday I decided we needed another trip!! The feeling of wanting to be there just won't go away! :thumbsup:

Daisy'sMom
02-18-2011, 01:48 PM
I have this happen to me daily. When it gets real bad, I complain and complain to DH until he finally says "we are going on Saturday". That's all it takes.:mickey:

Auntie B
02-18-2011, 02:18 PM
Daily occurance for me too!! Listening to "Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" right now! Only 295 short days until my feet hit Disney property! :mickey:

disneymom15
02-18-2011, 02:19 PM
i know exactly how you feel.

Itchy
02-18-2011, 02:27 PM
I feel you pain. I have just 70 days to go till the next trip. My retirement celebration trip.

I was able to get 3 trips to WDW last year. But with the income lost. I may need to beg borrow or steal to get my next trip.

Happy Happy, Joy Joy, :mickey:

cajunprincess
02-18-2011, 02:37 PM
Im just glad that I am not the only one who has these days! I am unlike anyone else i know when it comes to Disney. I have a true LOVE for it and long to be there all the days of my life!:mickey:

4everdisneyfan
02-18-2011, 02:57 PM
I know exactly how you feel! I dream about going back daily! I swear I can't go enough times! But I count down the days til I go again in November:mickey:

magicman
02-18-2011, 03:31 PM
Yep. A day were everything looks like a hidden Mickey to me, and no one else understands.

cajundisneyfreak
02-18-2011, 03:44 PM
My son is there right now for the college program.He calls me daily.I get to hear the songs from it's a small world,splash mountain,etc,etc.I told him to eat a pineapple float and rice krispy treat for me.He gets to live my dream and I get to live it through him.:cloud9:

laprana
02-18-2011, 04:03 PM
I'm glad to hear I'm not alone! :D I knew my fellow intercotees would understand! :rocks: If I told anyone I work with how badly I want to be in WDW right now, they'd just look at me and say, "Didn't you just go there? Aren't you tired of Disney World?" They just don't get it!

Gregandmel
02-18-2011, 10:34 PM
I'm glad to hear I'm not alone! :D I knew my fellow intercotees would understand! :rocks: If I told anyone I work with how badly I want to be in WDW right now, they'd just look at me and say, "Didn't you just go there? Aren't you tired of Disney World?" They just don't get it!

That's why you have US!!!! LOL

DisneyorBust
02-20-2011, 10:52 AM
I'm a member of this club too! Sometimes that desire to go to WDW can feel a bit overwhelming and here on Intercot, we all understand !

divinedi
02-21-2011, 06:43 PM
Daily!! and I don't know when I'll get to go back......:sob: And yes, I know my signature says I'll be there this year, but I'm really not sure......

lettripp
02-21-2011, 06:59 PM
Today is absolutely one of those days. February vacation started Saturday, but I had my tonsils removed on Friday and am currently laid up with ice water and jello :-( Would absolutely rather be at Disney right now! To make matters worse, my sister is enjoying her February break at Disney right now...

All I can do is fantasize about our August trip and wish for health!!