PDA

View Full Version : Dates COP is open?

Disney_pups2
02-16-2011, 06:11 PM
When is COP open in the Magic Kingdom? We are aiming for June 6-10th.. any chances it will be open then ?

KylesMom
02-16-2011, 06:23 PM
Absolutely. At one point CoP was registered as a "seasonal" attraction, but I think you can find it open most anytime again.

Drives my DH nuts when DS & I break into It's a GREAT Big Beautiful Tomorrow after we see the show. :D

Melanie
02-16-2011, 06:51 PM
Carousel of Progress has been operating normal hours for years. No worries - it will be open during regular park hours.

finaldynasty
02-16-2011, 08:17 PM
Carousel of Progress has been operating normal hours for years. No worries - it will be open during regular park hours.

I agree, we have gone the past three summers and it has been open each time. You have to remember that June is one of the busiest times of the year. COP is a great attraction IMO as it is timeless, but also it is great for a break from June heat.

:mickey:

MarkC
02-16-2011, 09:55 PM
It is open on all days that end with "y".

Disney_pups2
02-17-2011, 04:34 PM
Ok, now you've scared me... it said that it starts getting packed the second week of June... how bad is it going to be?

darthmacho
02-17-2011, 05:41 PM
Was thrilled to see CoP again in August, during the "value" season winding down the summer. I hadn't seen it in 12 years, and thought it was a highlight of our trip. Glad it still exists. :mickey:

lovinmesomedisney
02-18-2011, 10:08 AM
I went in April and September 2010, and Jan/Feb 2011, and COP was open every time! I have never been to DW where the COP was not open.

BandMan
02-18-2011, 01:44 PM
Drives my DH nuts when DS & I break into It's a GREAT Big Beautiful Tomorrow after we see the show.

My family and I tend to sing along IN the show. :blush: We did that last trip, but it was not crowded, so we weren't right behind someone singing - we're not THAT rude. We did have one little girl a few rows up who would turn and look at us every time the music started. That was fun. :D

ransam
02-19-2011, 02:38 PM
i've been in the summer, fall, and winter, it's always open.

beksy
02-22-2011, 11:42 AM
My family and I tend to sing along IN the show. :blush: We did that last trip, but it was not crowded, so we weren't right behind someone singing - we're not THAT rude. We did have one little girl a few rows up who would turn and look at us every time the music started. That was fun. :D

Glad I'm not the only one! This also happens in IASW and POC when there isn't anyone else in the boat. :secret: