PDA

View Full Version : Looking for an AK tour

Luv4WDW
02-16-2011, 10:28 AM
We are planning a trip in May and I'm wondering about a tour at Animal Kingdom. The last time I was there my husband and I went on a backstage tour that was for concierge guests only. It was $50 a person and it was basically like the safari ride, only a little more behind the scenes. We took our time and pulled off the trail. We got to hold a rhinocerus horn and other cool stuff. The tour lasted maybe 1-1.5 hours. I can't find this tour on the WDW website. The next closest tour is the Backstage Safari tour which is 3 hours long and $72 a person. Is this original tour gone? Has it been replaced? My sister and her husband were looking forward to taking the original tour. Thanks!:mickey:

Luv4WDW
02-17-2011, 05:28 PM
I e-mailed the Grand Floridian planning people and I received a response that the tour was discontinued in December :(

JPL
02-18-2011, 11:16 AM
You can always take the Backstage Safari at Animal Kingdom. I did a few years ago and it was a lot of fun. They takes to the animal holding areas, a private safari and through the animal food prep areas. If you want a real adventure I am hearing great things about the new Wild Africa Trek.

darthmacho
02-18-2011, 02:38 PM
Yes, have you heard about the Wild Africa Trek? It sounds like the best thing ever! It's not cheap though. Good luck! :mickey: