PDA

View Full Version : Saratoga Springs - studio

B.R. Guest
02-16-2011, 10:25 AM
My wife and I stayed at Saratoga Springs the first week in January for the Marathon Weekend. SS is where we own at and I was able to get a studio at the last minute. I just wanted to get a few opinions on the resort and the studio rooms. We used about 55 points for four nights which wasn't bad (around $60 a night) but I wasn't overly impressed with the room or the resort itself. I looked online and if we had paid cash thru Expedia, the studio was $380 a night. Addtionally, everything seemed so spread out and we had to drive to the lobby to get coffee or soft drinks. We've stayed at the Beach Club and the AK last summer so I guess we've gotten spoiled. The wife and I had a great time (as always) but we were somewhat let down by our accomodations. I'd like other DVC members opinions on this. Thanks in advance.

disneymom15
02-16-2011, 11:13 AM
We just bought into BLT in January. We'll be staying at Beach Club in Aug and BLT in Nov. I can't comment on personal experience at SSR, but my brother and his wife stayed there last year and they didn't care for it either. They had the same comments as you.

pox24
02-16-2011, 02:13 PM
We bought at SSR in 2006. Yes its spread out but not too bad to navigate if you request the right buildings. We don't usually stay there. I drive up and stay there 4 to 5 week ends a year for the golf only. Kind of reminds me of my dorms back in college. Still its a nice resort and just a short boat ride to DTD. One good thing, if we plan a last minute long week end, there is always a studio available at SSR. Before we joined DVC, My DW and I stayed at all the hotels on property at least twice. Compared to all of them I would rate SSR a solid B.

NH Disneyfan
02-16-2011, 08:36 PM
Stayed there last year in The Springs and really enjoyed it. We had a 2BR lockoff and 2 studios and everyone enjoyed the accomodations. It is nice to have such a large and available DVC resort. It definitely is spread out.

peemagg
02-16-2011, 09:02 PM
We really enjoy SSR, but we also only request Congress Park. So if I was to stay say in the Paddock section we may not like it as well. We have stayed in all the room categories there now, except the Grand Villa, but hope to take care of that next January.

No the studio was nothing spectacular, but the 2 of us were quite comfortable. It was fine for what we wanted for the room. We didn't spend much time in the room other than to sleep, so it was just fine. We even had plenty of room for my ECV.

MinnieMommie
02-17-2011, 07:23 AM
Really like SSR. Have stayed in the 2 bedroom, 1 bedroom and studio. I really like the studio and so does most of my family with the exception of one daughter who loves the resort but not the studio.

We like the feeling of SSR being like a resort onto itself. We feel very removed from the parks and like the relaxing feeling at the pool and appreciate being so close to Downtown Disney (short boat ride or walk and can even take a bus).

The new pool design at Paddock looks amazing and is really needed for the Carousel/Paddock area. Most people would likely agree that Congress, Grandstand and Springs are most convenient with proximity to DTD, food, pools, community room (which is a nice one) etc.

DVC offers a variety of options for its members. If you want to get away from the hustle and bustle of the parks SSR is a nice option. The grounds are beautiful, it is very relaxing, has an incredible main pool,top notch golf and Spa offerings.

One of my most memorable stays was in a studio in Grandstand. We had the best view of the grounds and were a stone's throw from the boat ride to DTD and the Carriage House. :mickey: