PDA

View Full Version : Reimagining DHS

Cinderelley
02-16-2011, 04:47 AM
If you could do something to change DHS, what would it be? I really liked the idea of a Star Wars character meal inside a Cantina restaurant some people brought up in another thread.

joanna71985
02-16-2011, 05:52 PM
I would greenlight the Monsters Inc coaster

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-17-2011, 09:57 AM
Update the backlot tour and Great movie ride....add a Little mermaid ride (water themed) It seems every park has a water ride of some sort even if its just like Maelstrom, but DHS doesn't....

joonyer
02-17-2011, 11:12 AM
Turn the Lights, Motors, Action arena and Catastrophe Canyon areas into Radiator Springs, with shops and restaurants, with a new indoor-outdoor ride (day & night) attraction based on "Cars".

darthmacho
02-17-2011, 05:39 PM
A Cantina character meal sounds like a great idea! An alternative would be Jabba's Palace, complete with an animatronic Jabba. Now that would be fun! :mickey:

SandmanGStefani24
02-18-2011, 01:00 AM
a Cars dark ride, or semi-thrill ride would be great...

but a working show or set brought back to the Studios would be a great change. After all, that's how it started in a way...

jonsmom
02-18-2011, 07:20 AM
I think that DHS is the most boring park in DisneyWorld. There isnt enough to keep me there for an entire day.

I love Fantasmic, but not worth going to the park just for that.

sassy2000
02-18-2011, 02:33 PM
HS has alot of un-utilized space. The Streets of America has nothing to offer except Honey I Shrunk the Kids set. Put ANYTHING there. I do feel they should add another ride. The Monsters Inc coaster would be great. How about a Phineas and Ferb dark ride?

magicman
02-18-2011, 03:01 PM
First of all, I must say that I love DHS. I love the rides, the shows, and the "feeling".

I like the ideas of a star wars cantina & a monsters inc ride; however, I don't think Phineas & Ferb have near the staying power to merit a ride. (I'm not certain if cars has the staying power either, but I might be very wrong.)

I would like to see a 'water ride' (as mentioned by MississippiDisneyFreak). I would call it the Voyage Of The Villains & have us going up against the great Disney Villains (randomly generated so you could get multiple experiences from the ride.) I think DHS could be enhanced by levering the wonderfully evil, classic villains.

WDWgoofy
02-18-2011, 03:58 PM
Though I haven't ridden it.. I would like to see th Indy Jones ride from Cali brought to HS.

I really like the idea of re-crating Radiator Springs and the Monster ride

pixiedustct
02-18-2011, 06:36 PM
I agree with those posters that said an update of the backlot tour and maybe the addition of a monsters inc coaster. I love the backlot tour but there is so much more potential if they updated it and brought in a working set...

ransam
02-18-2011, 07:58 PM
Love DHS.

first thing i would do is get rid of the Indiana Jones Show and replace it w/ something similar to the Indiana Jones Ride.

i would bring more glamor to it. maybe have actors playing movie stars just walking aorund, shopping or just strollling. like they are there every day, and part of the scene.

i would make Muppet land bigger. maybe have character meet and greets, something like that.

kemps@wdw
02-19-2011, 10:15 PM
oooooh...the Star Wars Bar. A replica of the movie. And another thrill ride. Maybe something in the castrophe canyon area to draw the crowds back into the park. Possibly a Incredibles theme?

finaldynasty
02-19-2011, 11:00 PM
My vote would be for a Cars area to extend the Pixar area. I would like to see more recent movies like Bolt, Princess and the Frog, Tangled or oldies like Mulan with something in the Street of America area. I would also get rid of Caspian...it is better as an empty space than what it is now. The other thing I would do is update the Animation area as well.

Any thoughts?

PopeCharming
02-20-2011, 10:22 AM
Honestly? I'd work on coherent theming before I fixed any of the rides. DHS has a number of attractions which are, in and of themselves, great fun- Rock N Roller Coaster, Tower of Terror, Star Wars, Great Movie Ride. The problem is that there isn't a great deal of theming within the park itself-- it is easy to know where I am in, say, the Magic Kingdom or Animal Kingdom because I have broad areas like "Frontierland" or "Asia" to help guide me. DHS has very little of this, and attempts to divide into 'lands' like Hollywood Boulevard aren't terribly convincing.

So, I would leave the attractions themselves alone, and try to find some way to divide the park into clear sub-lands and theme areas so that guests are more easilly emersed and oriented in the park itself.

tiggerbuddy
02-22-2011, 08:19 PM
2 words: More rides !! Thats why most people consider it a 1/2 day park.

HoosierDisneyFan
02-22-2011, 08:34 PM
2 words: More rides !! Thats why most people consider it a 1/2 day park.

Not sure MOST people consider it a 1/2 day park... but I would like to 1) update the Backstage tour 2) Update the Muppets Movie 3) Update the Great Movie Ride 4) Replace the Drew Carey 5) Update Indiana Jones 6) Do something with Pizza Planet.

I glad to see that they have added Toy Story Mania and will update Star Tours.

BandMan
02-23-2011, 01:27 PM
Honestly? I'd work on coherent theming before I fixed any of the rides.

At the risk of reopening old wounds, the hat really messed with this. The park had such an old-Hollywood feel when the art deco archetecture led up to the Chinese Theatre. Now you have this big old cartoon hat in the middle. By itself, it's fine. But taken with the rest of the street, it just destroys the feel.

I miss being able to see the animators at work. I guess we won't see that again. (sigh...) I agree that there needs to be more rides - especially dark rides. There's a LOT of wasted space in DHS.

How about a show where they film real people for various commercial spots or screen tests throughout the park? They could even have guests reinact famous scenes from movies. Then have a scheduled time that they are shown. You could do several shows a day, and the film crew could let you know which show you'd be in. That way you could be "discovered" at DHS.