PDA

View Full Version : Two Questions???

remy1014
02-15-2011, 10:20 AM
1. I have just upgraded to the dxdp. We have the Wishes Dessert Party booked since we weren't going to have many TS dinners. Now that we are should I cancel the Dessert Party. It seems like it might be too much.

2. Arrival Night Dinner- Garden Grill or WCC?
We are staying at WL but will head to EPCOT when we arrive.

It will be DH, DD6 and myself. Thanks!

RBrooksC
02-15-2011, 10:49 AM
I am partial to Whispering Canyon Cafe. We are going to eat their the day we arrive also.

Strmchsr
02-15-2011, 11:35 AM
:ditto: on Whispering Canyon. We can't miss that place.

As for the dessert party, I think you'd probably end up wasting money with all your other food during the day. The view is nice, but if you can't take advantage of the desserts because you're too stuffed it's definitely not worth it.

renecat
02-15-2011, 01:33 PM
Have done the deluxe plan twice now. To much food so we are going back to regular dinning. Like Stormchaser said you would most likely be wasting your money on the dessert party.

forever a child
02-15-2011, 08:07 PM
I would definitely cancel the desert party. I think it will be a waste of $ with the amount of food you will probably have had that day.

We would choose GG over WCC. Love GG :eat: and didn't feel really impressed with the meal at WCC on our last trip.

KylesMom
02-16-2011, 01:12 AM
As far as the Dessert Party, I would have to say skip it. From my observations on the boards (not personal experience), with the Deluxe Dining Plan it would be just too much if you're looking at overall value.

My first inclination was to suggest Whispering Canyon since you're staying at WL & it will be a long day for your 6 yr DD. It's been a must-do for us since DS was 7 or thereabouts.

However, if I think back to DS being 6, I think he'd much rather have dinner with Mickey, Chip and Dale than running around somewhere on a stick pony, carrying ketchup all over. Only you can know what your daughter would prefer - or may be ready for with a day of travel under her belt. :mickey: