PDA

View Full Version : To write or not to write

BellesRose
02-14-2011, 06:24 PM
I spent my birthday at Disney. It was Saturday, and it was great! But first on the list was lunch at the Turf Club at Saratoga Springs. We arrived right on time (I made reservations and told them I was celebrating my birthday) but they acted like they weren't expecting us and made us wait while they put together a table. Now, the restaurant was over half empty, but it was just a few minutes, so it was fine. Sat down, and I saw on the receipt that they left on the table that they had drawn a little birthday cake around my name and the age I am celebrating. I thought that was cute...but then the waiter came to our table, picked it up and stared at it, gave a little scowl and crumpled it up and walked away. Never wished me a happy birthday, never came with a cupcake or bowl of ice-cream or anything. Honestly, the dessert did not matter, since I know that's just a perk and not something I should expect, but did he really have to be so rude? Not only that, but after he took our order, he went on break and two other waiters helped us the rest of the time. I wish we had one of them from the beginning. He did come back in time to give us our bill, but was still very short and rude with us. It definitely put a damper on the start of my day. The other disappointment was that out of all of the empty tables in the restaurant, they sat us next to a large group of cast members. They were loud, not dressed like regular cast members but did have uniforms and name tags, and talked the whole time about who makes what a week (paycheck) and even shared stories about horrible guests and cussed right in front of us. I guess they can do that because they were on break??

Anyways, I found the address to write Disney about this. Do you think I should? Am I just overreacting? Will they even care or respond? Thanks for any advice!

sassafras
02-14-2011, 08:08 PM
You may not get a reply, but it never hurts to let Disney know what was going on. I did this a couple of years ago after 2 cast members started yelling at each other while we were waiting to pick up our Picnic in the Park. There were probably 20 people waiting and they had messed up everyone's orders and decided to scream at each other. I did get a reply, apologizing and saying they would look into it. So, I definitely would let them know what was going on at the next table and the topics and type of language their cast members were using. If nothing else, it helps to vent and let Disney know!

SBETigg
02-14-2011, 09:01 PM
I would write. I think it's also most effective to say something on the spot if you're not happy. True, you don't really want to ask for special recognition on your birthday, and that's hit or miss anyway. But if we're not happy with our table, we will say so if there are visible empty tables. If there's a problem with our service, we might mention it or let the tip speak for us (when possible). You do get better results sometimes on the spot. But it's not always comfortable to mention it then, so writing is definitely a good way to bring up your concerns. It's too bad that happened to you on a special day and I'm sure they would like to hear about it. I don't think you're overreacting.

brownie
02-15-2011, 08:54 AM
I'd write them, though you'd probably have had more impact if you had asked to speak to a manager when you were there.

BellesRose
02-15-2011, 01:08 PM
Thanks for the replies, looks like I'll send a letter! Now that I think about it, I think the manager was sitting at the table next to us with the other CM's. I won't put that in the letter since it's just a guess, but I'm pretty certain it was. And we didn't want to complain because the food was EXCELLENT, as always, and we were happy with the other two guys he sent over. It's my favorite place for shakes and onion rings (Totally beats any diner) and it's usually great service, so I definitely recommend it. If we ever get that server again, we'll request someone else.

brownie
02-16-2011, 11:36 AM
And we didn't want to complain because the food was EXCELLENT, as always, and we were happy with the other two guys he sent over. It's my favorite place for shakes and onion rings (Totally beats any diner) and it's usually great service, so I definitely recommend it. If we ever get that server again, we'll request someone else.

It's really providing feedback on your experience. Include the good along with the bad. In fact, I'd open with the good stuff first and then link to the bad stuff in a way that tells them how they could have made it even better for you.

TheVBs
02-16-2011, 02:12 PM
How awful! :( I'm glad you're writing. I think it's the right thing to do. I really like Brownie's suggestion, comment on what you liked first, then tell them what you were disappointed in.

tink'72
02-16-2011, 04:39 PM
I would absolutely write. A few years ago I had the worst experience ever at Chef's Mickey so much so that I can honestly say I will NEVER go back. That is saying a lot since prior to this instance it was a MUST do each visit. I actually did speak with the manager about our experience before I left and she huffed and puffed and mentioned how busy they were. By the time I got home I was infuriated. My only thought is first time visitors to the world come to Chef Mickey's and the people on that night experienced an awful experience. Just to go into it a little one child was eating from the dessert bar with his hands. Yup his hand right there in the middle of the restaurant.

When I got home I wrote and I think I actually faxed my later about 2 weeks later I get a phone call from a women from Disney who was FANTASTIC. The meal and experience was so bad she ended up refunding the cost which was quit a bit of money because my entire family was there that night.

showmethemouse
03-21-2011, 11:26 AM
i wrote them last year about two bad experience i had one was at the magic kingdom and the other one was at pop century it took me three days to write the e-mail i wanted to make sure i got it all in i was that disappointed. It was a far days from I sent it that someone from Disney did call me about what happen in the park but i never herd anything from the resort. so write to them .:thumbsup: